Availability of materials

Tommy Castleman

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here, but is it possible/probable for one to put a q1 together from the plans alone? What kind of specialty parts were included in the kit only? Where would I need to go to find all the supplies? About how much am I looking to spend? What other engines have been used? What other engines can be used?

I'm just now setting up my area to build, and I've been wanting a quickie for a while now. If it's possible, this is the plane I would like to build.

Thanks,

Tommy

Sam Kittle

Tommy,

You will save yourself a lot of time and expense by finding someone that
will sell you their kit. There are several metal pieces supplied with the
kit that are not easy to replicate.

Best regards,

Sam Kittle

_____

I'm sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here, but is it possible/probable for
one to put a q1 together from the plans alone? What kind of specialty parts
were included in the kit only? Where would I need to go to find all the
supplies? About how much am I looking to spend? What other engines have been
used? What other engines can be used?

I'm just now setting up my area to build, and I've been wanting a quickie
for a while now. If it's possible, this is the plane I would like to build.

Thanks,

Tommy

dkeats <dkeats@...>

Tommy---------- The Q2 comes as a kit with molded parts, but the Q1 is
plans built. With the Q1, you got a cowl for the Onan , that I didn't use,
a molded canopy and some welded parts. Other than that the entire airplane
is made from scratch. Mine took a year to build and has a 503 Rotax. Wasn't
that difficult, but I had previously built a Dragonfly. ----------- Canada
Chris

fastlittleairplanes <mylittlemgb@...>

Hey Tommy, we can produce all the metal parts for the Q1 there hasn't been a call for them in a while so we have not gotten around to making up a complete set to put up on Quickheads web site yet. We are trying to finish up a quick build kit for the complete aircraft that will also be available in stages. I am hping to get more info out to Dan with Quickheads soon for the news letter. but feel free to give us a call if you would like to know more.

F.L.A.P's
937-243-7303

--- In Q-LIST@..., "dkeats" <dkeats@...> wrote:

Tommy---------- The Q2 comes as a kit with molded parts, but the Q1 is
plans built. With the Q1, you got a cowl for the Onan , that I didn't use,
a molded canopy and some welded parts. Other than that the entire airplane
is made from scratch. Mine took a year to build and has a 503 Rotax. Wasn't
that difficult, but I had previously built a Dragonfly. ----------- Canada
Chris

M Sten

Is that going to be a quick build kit for the Q1?

Matt S

________________________________

--- In mailto:Q-LIST%40yahoogroups.com, "dkeats" <dkeats@...> wrote:

Tommy---------- The Q2 comes as a kit with molded parts, but the Q1 is
plans built. With the Q1, you got a cowl for the Onan , that I didn't use,
a molded canopy and some welded parts. Other than that the entire airplane
is made from scratch. Mine took a year to build and has a 503 Rotax. Wasn't
that difficult, but I had previously built a Dragonfly. ----------- Canada
Chris

JMasal@...

Tommy, first you need to buy all the oldest QBA newsletters which were heavy into the Q=1 before the Q2 took hold. A lot of lore you need is in there without someone spending half of his lifetime bringing you up to speed....OR you could make a visit to a builder for a weekend.

j.

I'm sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here, but is it possible/probable for one to put a q1 together from the plans alone? What kind of specialty parts were included in the kit only? Where would I need to go to find all the supplies? About how much am I looking to spend? What other engines have been used? What other engines can be used?

I'm just now setting up my area to build, and I've been wanting a quickie for a while now. If it's possible, this is the plane I would like to build.

Thanks,

Tommy

fastlittleairplanes <mylittlemgb@...>

The Q1 kits will be a true quick build and an honest 300-400 build time. We have also spent the time with the FAA to go over safety improvments, training,and making sure we are in the 51% rule. We did also discover the Q1 may be able to make the Sport Pilot rules this came fromt he FAA. We still have some work there to do and prove out.

F.L.A.P's

--- In Q-LIST@..., M Sten <msten@...> wrote:

[...]

Henry Hallam

Looking forward to it!