hey


Rick Hole
 

I would not even consider following a link presented like that, by default
this is SPAM and potentially dangerous.

If not, please give us some words to explain.

Rick Hole


Sam Hoskins
 

Guys - I understand the best way to fight this is to change your passwords
on a regular basis, that way the hacker can't get into your account. That
is apparently what happened do Mr. Davies, who has been a Q-list member
since 2009..

I use a free password manager, Keypass, and I practically have a different
password for everything.

Sam

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 9:05 PM, Rick Hole <r.hole@...> wrote:

**




I would not even consider following a link presented like that, by default
this is SPAM and potentially dangerous.

If not, please give us some words to explain.

Rick Hole





Mike Perry
 

I hate to say this, but the problem may not be on Mike Davies computer. There is at least one virus that reads your address book and sends out spam that looks like it came from a different computer. In other words, the virus is on Computer A, sending spam to Computer B that looks like it came from Computer C. Definitely a Pain. Lots of hard feelings in my family until we figured out what was going on.

Everyone please run antivirus software and scan your disk drive regularly.

Mike Perry

On 6/10/2013 7:54 PM, Sam Hoskins wrote:
Guys - I understand the best way to fight this is to change your passwords
on a regular basis, that way the hacker can't get into your account. That
is apparently what happened do Mr. Davies, who has been a Q-list member
since 2009..

I use a free password manager, Keypass, and I practically have a different
password for everything.

Sam


On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 9:05 PM, Rick Hole <r.hole@...> wrote:

**




I would not even consider following a link presented like that, by default
this is SPAM and potentially dangerous.

If not, please give us some words to explain.

Rick Hole





------------------------------------

Quickie Builders Association WEB site
http://www.quickiebuilders.org

Yahoo! Groups Links




Rick Hole
 

Yes, sad but true, most of the spam only pretends to be sent from the
account listed. It is a simple matter to spoof anyone's email address, and
not necessary to have the password or even to know the ISP or web service
used. So we must not think the occasional spam on this forum actually comes
from the person it spoofs.

Rick Hole


Sam Hoskins
 

Except for the fact you must be a logged-in member to post messages. No
log-in, no messages.

Sam

Sent via wireless gizmo.

On Jun 11, 2013 7:20 PM, "Rick Hole" <r.hole@...> wrote:

**




Yes, sad but true, most of the spam only pretends to be sent from the
account listed. It is a simple matter to spoof anyone's email address, and
not necessary to have the password or even to know the ISP or web service
used. So we must not think the occasional spam on this forum actually comes
from the person it spoofs.

Rick Hole

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]