From: afarr@...
Sent: Sunday, December 22, 2013 2:59 AM
Subject: [Q-LIST] engines

Hi. Are there any Q2/200's with the Rotax 912? Would one work?

Allan Farr

Just wondering, I've got one in my Titan Tornado and like it. As you say - probably best just to use an O200.

P.S. That Bearcoupe looks like a mean machine;)

Paul Spackman

I am running a 912 in my Avid and they are nice engines.  I have a Jabiru 3300 in my Q-2 that works well also.  If you go with the 912 you will be pioneering and will have issues to solve but it would be a fun project.  As Bob Bounds said, the cheapest and easiest way to go is the O-200 but if you like challenges by all means go for it.

Paul

Raymond Johnson

Hi All
  I have a UL260ISA under my bench that I hope to install into on my Q2.
As this engine is 107hp, air cooled, fuel injected and lighter than the old VW engine, I hope this may be a good engine choose for the Q.
Regards Ray.
OZ.

Sent: Tuesday, December 24, 2013 5:04 AM
Subject: [Q-LIST] RE: engines

I am running a 912 in my Avid and they are nice engines.  I have a Jabiru 3300 in my Q-2 that works well also.  If you go with the 912 you will be pioneering and will have issues to solve but it would be a fun project.  As Bob Bounds said, the cheapest and easiest way to go is the O-200 but if you like challenges by all means go for it.

Paul

Bruce Crain

Mike Dwyer

Hi Paul,
That seems like a real nice engine altho a bit pricey.  I'd have a concern that the exhaust system will be right next to the composite firewall tho.  Rutan had big concerns with the exhaust heat softening the canard but this engine layout could really concentrate the heat at a critical point.

Merry Christmas!

Mike Dwyer

My YouTube channel: http://goo.gl/ddljYZ
My Q200 Website: http://q200.eu.pn/