Kevin Sheely N480KS

Bruce Crain

Kevin after reading the Q News letter the thought occurred to me that if you haven't already cleaned out or replaced the fuel filters to the engine and from main tank to header tank now is the time. The engine slow down could very well be because of the filters. No matter how careful you are the tanks get a lot of fiber glass dust and other things in them.

The other thing to consider is looking into the fuel tank vent. If there is a low area in the tubing it could be creating a p-trap effect like in plumbing.

Also if the tank vent goes down and behind the exit area of the cowling there is a possibility of a low pressure area behind the exit.

One more thing to check would be the fuel cap and filler neck. If there is a leak in the fuel cap the area is in another low pressure area. It has brought down a few Q in the past.

Shooting form the hip.

The #1 Worst Carb Ever?
Click to Learn #1 Carb that Kills Your Blood Sugar (Don't Eat This!)
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/54a6caa1c628a4aa13ad3st03vuc

Kevin Sheely

Bruce,

I have been careful with my fuel filters, I am on my 3rd large fuel filter pair in 11.8 hours.

The pressure area of the vent for the fuel tank being negative might have been the solution. I moved it 12" to the side and I have had two flights since with no issues. I will be putting an instrument on the or vent line to verify this and report back to the group.

Kevin

[...]

------------------------------------

------------------------------------

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    Q-LIST-digest@...
    Q-LIST-fullfeatured@...

Jerry Marstall <jnmarstall@...>

Wonderful news Kevin.

Jerry

[...]

Kevin,

That is good news. Jerry and I both felt the ram air tube was your problem. On to the next step!