Never Wet, slick surface, water proofing paint, Chrome paint

Jeff Sellars

Few question of surface slickness,.... I have decided to paint my Q-2 (Ls-1) bird a few shades of Chrome from Spectra Chrome. I guess that these finishes are relatively new, real cool looking. I may use some Chrome Vehicle wrap material for some of the stripes and design.  You can Google Chrome vehicle wraps, and have a look how cool these Chrome finishes look.

Now as for the questions:

I have been seeing a lot of interesting videos on the new in reference to product that water proof surfaces like never before. Water drops don't stick to painted surfaces once treated. Even surfaces that are almost flat. You need to see what I mean on you tube. Well, are they accomplishing a decrease in surface adhesion? If so, are they making the surfaces more slick? Can we possible have a Faster plane if our planes were coated with this stuff? How about on a propeller? More slick surfaces? Has anyone tried any of these products for speed?

Mike Dwyer

I checked into that wrap stuff recently.  The chinese guy told me it can last for up to a year outside.   In other words, not to durable.

Mike Dwyer N3QP

My YouTube channel: http://goo.gl/ddljYZ
My Vimeo: http://goo.gl/bsaLsG
My Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF
Skype q2pilot@...

On Jan 4, 2015 6:57 PM, "kitfoxjeff@... [Q-LIST]" <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

[...]

Patrick Panzera

Might want to test the surface temps of this "chrome" treatment. In my experience,  chrome gets WAY hotter than white when left in the sun.

On Jan 4, 2015 3:58 PM, "kitfoxjeff@... [Q-LIST]" <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Patrick, I will do that at some point, I was assuming that Chrome would be more reflective than White , as a Mirror, but I will do some looking into that before it all goes on, I guess - worst case, I could leave the tops of the wings white, and do the rest of the plane.