Q-200 Aerodynamics Study

Jay Scheevel

Hi All,

I have finished parts 1 and 2 of a 3 part study on the aerodynamics of the Q-200 and Tri-Q-200. I sent these to Dan and he has loaded these onto the Quickheads site. I think the study has answered a lot of questions for me on the details of flying, landing and taking-off in the ways they do.

If you are having trouble getting to sleep at night, you may want to download these and read these.  Let me know if you have any feedback. Part 3 will come along later in the year. The links to parts 1 and 2 of the study are as follows:

Cheers,
Jay

Q-200 Aerodynamic Study

Sam Hoskins

Thanks for publishing this Jay.  I really appreciate your efforts.  I look forward to reading it with a good cup of coffee.

Sam

On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 1:22 PM, jay@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I have finished parts 1 and 2 of a 3 part study on the aerodynamics of the Q-200 and Tri-Q-200. I sent these to Dan and he has loaded these onto the Quickheads site. I think the study has answered a lot of questions for me on the details of flying, landing and taking-off in the ways they do.

If you are having trouble getting to sleep at night, you may want to download these and read these.  Let me know if you have any feedback. Part 3 will come along later in the year. The links to parts 1 and 2 of the study are as follows:

Cheers,
Jay

Q-200 Aerodynamic Study

Q-200 Aerodynamic Study
Q-2, Q-200, TRI-Q, TRI-Q-200 AERODYNAMIC STUDY
Preview by Yahoo

Jay Scheevel

Might need to make that a strong coffee!

Paul Fisher

Agreed!   I just hope I can understand it!  :-)

But thank you for publishing it!

Paul

On May 5, 2015 5:49 PM, "jay@... [Q-LIST]" <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Jerry Marstall

Whoa!  I’m going to have to delete some stuff in the old brain to have room for all of this.  Like Paul F., I hope I can understand this.  What a great endeavor. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.   Incredible piece of work.

Jerry

Sent: Tuesday, May 5, 2015 6:49 PM
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] Q-200 Aerodynamics Study

Jay Scheevel

Thanks Jerry, The videos you made with the camera beneath your vertical fin were VERY valuable to me. When I finish part 3, you will see how much I learned from your video, but basically you allowed me to figure out what the main gear leg was doing aerodynamically to affect the cruise characteristics of the Tri-Q. Quite insightful. So stay tuned. For now, you may be most interested in flipping to the latter half of part 2, for discussion of landing and takeoff behavior in ground effect. You may need the earlier half of part 2 to understand the graphs, but maybe not...after all you are a fighter jock!

Cheers,
Jay Scheevel, Tri-Q still building

Jerry Marstall <jnmarstall@...>

I am really amazed at the data you can extract from what seems to be meaningless information.  That’s why I was a jock instead of an engineer. 

Keep working on the Q. 

J

Sent: Wednesday, May 6, 2015 11:48 AM
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: RE: [Q-LIST] Q-200 Aerodynamics Study

Thanks Jerry, The videos you made with the camera beneath your vertical fin were VERY valuable to me. When I finish part 3, you will see how much I learned from your video, but basically you allowed me to figure out what the main gear leg was doing aerodynamically to affect the cruise characteristics of the Tri-Q. Quite insightful. So stay tuned. For now, you may be most interested in flipping to the latter half of part 2, for discussion of landing and takeoff behavior in ground effect. You may need the earlier half of part 2 to understand the graphs, but maybe not...after all you are a fighter jock!

Cheers,

One Sky Dog

Jay,

Now you have let the cat out of the bag, you will not be able to be the fastest Tri Q with your neutral lifting main gear legs.

Regards,

Charlie

On May 6, 2015, at 9:48 AM, jay@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Cheers,

David J. Gall

Jay (Scheevel),

I read parts 1 & 2 without coffee, yet I'm still awake. So are the twins. And the dogs. My wife says she's leaving me if the moaning doesn't stop soon....

:)

Nice work!! Can't wait for part 3!

David J. Gall
P.S. Please email me off list (David *at* Gall *dot* com)

Jay Scheevel

Thanks David,

I'm glad your twins and the dog enjoyed the study too!

Cheers,
Jay