Looking to start my Q200

T Dalton

I'm looking to start my Q200 but as I look over the construction manual I've notice that the call for the construction of the fuselage is a 4 part glue together shells.  Is it possible via plans to build the fuselage without these shell parts?

Thanks

Todd

Chandler, AZ

Sam Kittle

The 4 part shells came out of a mold and would be hard to duplicate.  There are shells available if you ask around.
Sam

On May 21, 2015, at 9:44 PM, azpilot2000@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

I'm looking to start my Q200 but as I look over the construction manual I've notice that the call for the construction of the fuselage is a 4 part glue together shells.  Is it possible via plans to build the fuselage without these shell parts?

Thanks

Todd

Chandler, AZ

britmcman99

Hello Todd in Chandler. I might be able to hook you up with some shells. They are in El Cajon, CA at Gillespie Field KSEE. Let me know if you are interested.

On May 21, 2015, at 7:44 PM, azpilot2000@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

I'm looking to start my Q200 but as I look over the construction manual I've notice that the call for the construction of the fuselage is a 4 part glue together shells.  Is it possible via plans to build the fuselage without these shell parts?

Thanks

Todd

Chandler, AZ

britmcman99

Ooooops!  About those shells, contact me at britmcman@...

Phil

On May 21, 2015, at 7:44 PM, azpilot2000@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

I'm looking to start my Q200 but as I look over the construction manual I've notice that the call for the construction of the fuselage is a 4 part glue together shells.  Is it possible via plans to build the fuselage without these shell parts?

Thanks

Todd

Chandler, AZ

John Loram <johnl@...>

Yes, you have that right.  I do recall reading in one of the Q-talk newsletters of someone who made a hand-laid up fuselage from scratch. I remember being very impress by the effort involved and imagine it added a significant amount of weight to the project.

-john-

www.loram.org

I'm looking to start my Q200 but as I look over the construction manual I've notice that the call for the construction of the fuselage is a 4 part glue together shells.  Is it possible via plans to build the fuselage without these shell parts?

Thanks

Todd

Chandler, AZ

Larry Severson

I have an assembled shell and canopy done by someone else. It needs some work. I would let it go cheap.

Larry Severson

18242 Peters Ct

Fountain Valley, CA  92708

(714) 968-9852

Yes, you have that right.  I do recall reading in one of the Q-talk newsletters of someone who made a hand-laid up fuselage from scratch. I remember being very impress by the effort involved and imagine it added a significant amount of weight to the project.

-john-

www.loram.org

I'm looking to start my Q200 but as I look over the construction manual I've notice that the call for the construction of the fuselage is a 4 part glue together shells.  Is it possible via plans to build the fuselage without these shell parts?

Thanks

Todd

Chandler, AZ

quickheads

I get that question a LOT . . . so of course I added it to the FAQ on the QBA website here:

http://www.quickheads.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=838&Itemid=144

FYI.

-Dan

T Dalton

Sorry Dan I missed that on your FAQ's

T Dalton

Larry,

How much work has to be done to them?  Do you have any pictures of them?

T Dalton

Phil,
Did you get my email?

On Thursday, May 21, 2015 8:27 PM, "Phil Lankford britmcman@... [Q-LIST]" wrote:

Ooooops!  About those shells, contact me at britmcman@...

Phil

On May 21, 2015, at 7:44 PM, azpilot2000@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

I'm looking to start my Q200 but as I look over the construction manual I've notice that the call for the construction of the fuselage is a 4 part glue together shells.  Is it possible via plans to build the fuselage without these shell parts?

Thanks
Todd
Chandler, AZ

Larry Severson

I will get some tomorrow.

Larry Severson

18242 Peters Ct

Fountain Valley, CA  92708

(714) 968-9852

How much work has to be done to them?  Do you have any pictures of them?

Sam Hoskins

No.

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 9:44 PM, azpilot2000@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

I'm looking to start my Q200 but as I look over the construction manual I've notice that the call for the construction of the fuselage is a 4 part glue together shells.  Is it possible via plans to build the fuselage without these shell parts?

Thanks

Todd

Chandler, AZ

T Dalton

Phul,
Is you email no @yahoo?

On Saturday, May 23, 2015 4:51 AM, "Sam Hoskins sam.hoskins@... [Q-LIST]"

No.

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 9:44 PM, azpilot2000@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

I'm looking to start my Q200 but as I look over the construction manual I've notice that the call for the construction of the fuselage is a 4 part glue together shells.  Is it possible via plans to build the fuselage without these shell parts?

Thanks
Todd
Chandler, AZ

JMasal@...

Yes. All q-1's were built square sided per plans... so it is POSSIBLE to build a square sided Q2. The very first Q2 was square sided BUT
for an amateur to do it will take a whole lot of thinking and planning and prolly backtracking as you fix a foul-up.
Better to bite the bullet, get a part time job and track down some shells to buy.

j.

I'm looking to start my Q200 but as I look over the construction manual I've notice that the call for the construction of the fuselage is a 4 part glue together shells.  Is it possible via plans to build the fuselage without these shell parts?

Thanks
Todd
Chandler, AZ

Larry Severson

I have photos. I will sell the aft and front plus the canopy for $600. I also have most of the foam parts well cut that I will sell for 4100 (well under the cost of the foam). Finally, I have a spare cowling set that I will sell for $100.

If you are interested in what I have contact me at larry2@.... The list does not accept photos.

Larry Severson

18242 Peters Ct

Fountain Valley, CA  92708

(714) 968-9852

I'm looking to start my Q200 but as I look over the construction manual I've notice that the call for the construction of the fuselage is a 4 part glue together shells.  Is it possible via plans to build the fuselage without these shell parts?

Thanks
Todd
Chandler, AZ

kingdws@...

Hi Jim

Havent seen you in a few years lol.

I think I might have pictures of one of those somewhere. From what I remember they were close but not quite the right shape. The other one the fellow did years later using the high flex foam panels that were not available early on.

Dave