ADS-B

Jim Patillo

Just checking.

Who has complied with the ADS-B In - Out requirement for your Q? Any idea how to do it without spending a boatload of money?

Jim Patillo

Sent from Outer Space

Mike Bergen

This is the most affordable that I know at this time. It is a portable system.

http://navworx.com/products-PADS-B.php

R- Mike Bergen

On 8/30/15 11:43 PM, "Jim Patillo logistics_engineering@... [Q-LIST]" <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Just checking.

Who has complied with the ADS-B In - Out requirement for your Q? Any idea how to do it without spending a boatload of money?

Jim Patillo

Sent from Outer Space

Kevin Sheeley

Jim,

I installed the Navworx ADS600-EXP but I haven't flown with it yet.

Kevin (Q200, dragger, 58 hours)

From: "'jcrain2@...' jcrain2@... [Q-LIST]" <Q-LIST@...>
Date: 09/03/2015 1:32 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: Q-LIST@...

Glass is sexy!  I still have the Tri Q200 and am trying to get time to top overhaul the cylinders.  Will take some time.  Perhaps this winter.
Bruce

I am old school and have a mounted Garmin 296 (can switch to a 796 if necessary) both of which I think are WAAS capable. Sam Kittle suggested I call Garmin and discuss the possibilities with them. I will let you all know what they say.

P.S. I uploaded an interesting pix of N46JP ( to photos) after arriving back in the Bay Area last Sunday evening. Take a look. It's a little different perspective and might be suitable for desktop background if some one was so inclined. The dream is still alive! Don't tell Bruce though, he may want to sell that tin can and get back in  glass.

Jim Patillo
N46JP Q200 Lovin' it!

Mike Dwyer

From the RV-List
Price started at 699 then went to 799, and I just saw 869, Now up to $1049 as of 5/7/2015, $1149 as of 9-3-2015.
I think I'll wait to 2020.
Mike Q200 N3QP

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 9:18 AM, dav8or@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

[...]

Mike Dwyer's Q200 Site
Welcome to my new and improved Q200 web site.
Preview by Yahoo

Dan L

It seems that most of the avionics manufacturers have been introducing their latest ADS-B offerings with promised low pricing to get interest in the market. Then the price magically goes up quite a bit when the product actually makes it to market. Right now $1500 isn't too bad for an ADS-B setup provided you can install it yourself and have a place to mount it. When it comes time for me to equip the Q-1 it may be a challenge to find a mounting location. Experimental owners have it a bit easier than certificated. Right now it looks like it could cost me close to $6000 to equip my Grumman Yankee.

Experimental aircraft should probably wait to see what the market brings closer to 2020 since they can be self-installed. I am waiting on both myself to see if any of the all-in-one transponder solutions get more reasonably priced.

Dan

From the RV-List
Price started at 699 then went to 799, and I just saw 869, Now up to $1049 as of 5/7/2015, $1149 as of 9-3-2015.
I think I'll wait to 2020.
Mike Q200 N3QP

Bruce Crain

Larry Severson

One problem with the ADS system, there are still planes with no electrical system or a failed transponder. Too much reliance on the system will get you killed due to a mid air.

Larry Severson

18242 Peters Ct

Fountain Valley, CA  92708

(714) 968-9852