From: Q-LIST@... [mailto:Q-LIST@...]
Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2015 1:22 AM
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: [Q-LIST] New flight

After 5 years rebuilding the TriQ200 my son flew it for the first time Sunday. A few adjustments to make but all is well. Second flight today and he flys it like a pro.

Very proud and happy to see her back in the air.

Paul Fisher

Congratulations!  I hope we will get to see it at a flyin soon!

On Dec 17, 2015 12:21 AM, "mskiby@... [Q-LIST]" <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

After 5 years rebuilding the TriQ200 my son flew it for the first time Sunday. A few adjustments to make but all is well. Second flight today and he flys it like a pro.

Very proud and happy to see her back in the air.

mylittlemgb@...

She is a beautiful bird. You may want to look at converting the nose gear over to the newer heavier style 1 1/4" tube. With the weight of the 0-200 the original design my not hold up. Watch for fatigue cracks at the weld points by the firewall. It is nice to see another back in the air congratulations.

Kevin Boddicker

Great news!
Where did he fly?
Had the plane flown before? Who did it belong to prior to your ownership?
Congrats on a successful flight. May all you flights be successful and safe!

Kevin Boddicker
TriQ 200 N7868B  387 hrs
Luana, IA.

On Dec 17, 2015, at 12:21 AM, mskiby@... [Q-LIST] wrote:

After 5 years rebuilding the TriQ200 my son flew it for the first time Sunday. A few adjustments to make but all is well. Second flight today and he flys it like a pro.

Very proud and happy to see her back in the air.

Jay Scheevel

Congratulations Martin,

Glad to know that you and your son achieved your goal. It was fun to see it in progress and know that it is now flying. I hope to follow your lead before too much longer. Congratulations to both you and your son.

Cheers,
Jay Scheevel, Tri-Q, still building

Jay Scheevel

Martin is in Bakersfield California. He had previously built the plane, then sold and it was damaged in a hanger door mishap, destroying the main wing. He and his son bought the salvage and rebuilt. Do I have that right, Martin?

Martin Skiby

Yes Jay that is correct and sorry for the delayed response.  Been at the airport!!

Martin Skiby

Shafter California (MIT)  Yes we built in the 80's as a conventional gear and took third place in the CAFE 400 back then. Converted to TriQ in the early 90's and sold to a fell ow in FL.  Hangar door fell on it in a hurricane.  Found several years later and purchased the wreckage back form a guy in Boston.  5 years later and it is back flying.  Thank you to Rick Hole with Velocity that provided the main wing.  He had the jigs and provided me a super deal on building the wing with the Wadlow layup.

Martin Skiby

Will do.  We did some modifications to the gear when we got it as I was not happy with the design on the top.  We added some gussets and it has worked fine thus far.  However when I got it back I notice it has been bent at the nose wheel so someone has landed it hard.  Went on a bit crooked, but we decided to leave for now.  I would like the source for the new gear as well as a source for the Belevue washers for the existing one.

Martin Skiby

We are in Bakersfield CA and actually just moved to MIT in Shafter with a new hanger.  The home of Strega and some really nice airport folks.  You are all invited out whenever you want to come.