Jan 1 flight, Spring Fling

Kevin Boddicker

We were supposed to have ice today, but it looks like it will miss us.
Thanks for all the replies. It sometimes takes a little prompting to get a flying conservation started. I know this forum is for builders, but hopefully the builders will be inspired by the flying stories.
Hope to see everyone at the Spring Fling again this year. Date to be announced, but sometime in late May or early June. Who on this list has conflicts already, Jerry?
Let's hear the schedule conflicts and I will try to accommodate everyone.
Maybe Jon Swenson will be flying by then!??

Kevin Boddicker
Tri Q 200 N7868B
Luana, IA

On Jan 1, 2017, at 10:50 PM, N142LF n142lf@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Kevin,
I always enjoy your helpful tips and words of encouragement:)
And no. I did not bring in the new year with a flight. I had the heater turned on and all good intentions but we got covered in a sheet of ice by 9:00 and snow thereafter. So I was worried about my takeoffs outnumbering my landings.
Regards,
LF

Short & simple from my mobile

> On Jan 1, 2017, at 9:20 PM, Kevin Boddicker trumanst@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:
>
> Ok. A show of hands. Who celebrated in the new year today with a flight.
> I know Sam's reason as he flew yesterday.
> I did go flying today. 1.5 hours of pure enjoyment. Did one touch and go at DEH, flew to 3Y2 for another touch and go. Then flew over the big city covered with snow. All is still white around here, but 40 miles south the snow is gone. Back to DEH, but was not ready to quit at that point. Flew to CJJ and then turned around and back to DEH for landing.
> Good landing there, and still able to re-use the plane.
> The freedom of flight is an awesome thing of pure joy.
> For those flying, keep at it. For those still building, get your asses to work!!!
> All the best for 2017. May your landings equal your departures!
>
> Kevin Boddicker
> Tri Q200 N7868B 409 hrs
> Luana, IA
>

> ------------------------------------
> Posted by: Kevin Boddicker <trumanst@...>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Quickie Builders Association WEB site
> http://www.quickiebuilders.org
>

> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo Groups Links

Jerry Marstall <jnmarstall@...>

Hey,  Glad to hear you took advantage of some good flying wx.  None around here.

I am not sure prebooking for SpringFling is a sure thing.  If it isn’t the schedule, there is always the weather to contend with.  Making every effort to get there this year.  Right now the only obligations are May 31 (the VA wants to see my smiling face) and June 25th (Anniversary – I need to see Nancy’s smiling face).

Looking forward to the setting of the date so I can write it on the wall.

May 2017 bring to fruition your loftiest goals.

Jerry

Tri-Q200, 759 hrs.

We were supposed to have ice today, but it looks like it will miss us.

Thanks for all the replies. It sometimes takes a little prompting to get a flying conservation started. I know this forum is for builders, but hopefully the builders will be inspired by the flying stories.
Hope to see everyone at the Spring Fling again this year. Date to be announced, but sometime in late May or early June. Who on this list has conflicts already, Jerry?

Let's hear the schedule conflicts and I will try to accommodate everyone.

Maybe Jon Swenson will be flying by then!??

Kevin Boddicker

Tri Q 200 N7868B

Luana, IA

On Jan 1, 2017, at 10:50 PM, N142LF n142lf@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Kevin,
I always enjoy your helpful tips and words of encouragement:)
And no. I did not bring in the new year with a flight. I had the heater turned on and all good intentions but we got covered in a sheet of ice by 9:00 and snow thereafter. So I was worried about my takeoffs outnumbering my landings.
Regards,
LF

Short & simple from my mobile

> On Jan 1, 2017, at 9:20 PM, Kevin Boddicker trumanst@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:
>
> Ok. A show of hands. Who celebrated in the new year today with a flight.
> I know Sam's reason as he flew yesterday.
> I did go flying today. 1.5 hours of pure enjoyment. Did one touch and go at DEH, flew to 3Y2 for another touch and go. Then flew over the big city covered with snow. All is still white around here, but 40 miles south the snow is gone. Back to DEH, but was not ready to quit at that point. Flew to CJJ and then turned around and back to DEH for landing.
> Good landing there, and still able to re-use the plane.
> The freedom of flight is an awesome thing of pure joy.
> For those flying, keep at it. For those still building, get your asses to work!!!
> All the best for 2017. May your landings equal your departures!
>
> Kevin Boddicker
> Tri Q200 N7868B 409 hrs
> Luana, IA

> Posted by: Kevin Boddicker <trumanst@...>