Fuel line squeeze bulb

britmcman99

Its funny how my "autocorrect" managed to change the word "fuel" to the word "help" in my original title. I am replacing fuel lines and filters in 84RC. The squeeze bulb is an interesting device that doesn't weigh much and could be considered a 1 ounce auxiliary fuel tank.

Phil

On Jan 15, 2017, at 6:22 AM, Paul Fisher rv7a.n18pf@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

I've used mine too.  It was years ago and I was in formation with three other airplanes.  I was flying slot, so I was pretty focused on the other planes.  I glanced at the header site guage and it was EMPTY!  I called lead, dropped out, flipped the fuel pump on and squeezed the bulb for all I was worth!  I didn't stop squeezing until I could see fuel in the site guage.  The engine never missed a beat, but my heart didn't stop pounding until I got back on the ground.

So yes, I still have the bulb and I have no plans to eliminate it.  On the positive side, I have never ignored the header guage since then!

Paul Fisher
Q-200, N17PF

On Jan 14, 2017 7:35 PM, "Mike Dwyer q2pilot@... [Q-LIST]" <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Yes, I used it about 20 years ago when the Facet electric fuel pump stopped keeping up the header tank at altitude.  I squeeze bulb pumped as I descended and around 3000 feet it started keeping up.  Without the bulb your praying that the electric fuel pump keeps going.  By the time you figure out that the header tank isn't being replenished you might only have a few minutes of flying left.  I also have a sensor in my header tank that starts beeping in the intercom at 3.5 gal...

Flight Report: We took a nice flight across Florida today and stopped at Deland FL to watch the crazy parachute jumpers.  Hundreds of these people jump out of perfectly good airplanes and plummet to earth hoping that a piece of rag with ropes catches them before they hit the ground.  There is a great restaurant there with big windows for watching the goings on.  I got back home and checked my APRS track.  Seems I took a quick detour to the Indian Ocean!  Some kind of space time warp I think.  It was kinda bumpy and did rain on me during the return leg.  Oh, for you snowbirds, it was 75F and we were in short sleeves   :)

Link to Ham Radio APRS track:

Fly Safe

Mike Dwyer

Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF

On Sat, Jan 14, 2017 at 8:15 PM, Phil Lankford britmcman@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Anybody ever use their fuel line squeeze bulb in flight emergency?  Anyone remove it from the system?

Phil Lankford

On Jan 14, 2017, at 4:31 PM, 'jcrain2@...' jcrain2@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Hello to all. I am attaching a very rough drawing to show s couple of the ideas I already put before the group. Most of you probably already know this info from the plans for the TriQ.
Bruce
How To Remove Eye Bags & Lip Lines Fast (Watch)
Womans Weekly
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/587ac32ebb2f5432e159dst52vuc

britmcman99

Interesting article on primer bulb installation:

Phil Lankford