Weight and Balance of N33QR

Martin Skiby

Good Morning all.  We had the opportunity to weigh the plane yesterday and the following is the chart we attained.  I would appreciate any of you that have comment to let me know.  We have a GU Canard on this Q200 so the CG range is a bit different than the LS Canard.

Empty Weight

Weight

         Arm (in)

           Moment

CG

               Weight

       Arm

       Moment
        Right 359 38.625 13866.375
Aircraft 727 40.98 29792.46 Left 358 38.625 13827.75
Oil 10 5 50 Tail 10 210.125 2101.25
Header Fuel 30 24 720
Fuel Main 120 44.6 5352 Total 727 29795.375
Pilot  200 59.5 11900
Passenger 0 59.5 0 CG= 40.98400963
Baggage 0 78 0
Ballast 0 119.75 0
Totals: 1087   47814.46

Jay Scheevel

Hi Martin,

Looks good. I only question whether you can actually get 20 gallons in the main tank! Anyway, I have loaded your numbers into a spreadsheet that I made for my plane. This spreadsheet has a function that graphs your W&B evolution while in flight for 0.1 hour intervals from full tanks to empty. I am attaching that spreadsheet to this response.

As mentioned, I have loaded your numbers into the sheet and verified your numbers on the spreadsheet are the same as you report above. The background that is embedded in the graph, is for the LS-1 canard. I do not have the one for the GU canard handy, but I think that the numbers will be close.

Someone more experienced than I (read that as Paul Spackman) can comment on the GU range.

Cheers,
Jay Scheevel, Tri-Q, still building

Jay Scheevel

Looks like the attachment did not attach. I have loaded it into the files section

Jay

Mike Dwyer

Wow that's a heavy Q200.  90 lbs more than mine.  And with a gu canard.   Better make every landing a squeeker.

Mike Q200 N3QP

On Feb 13, 2017 11:37 AM, "mskiby@... [Q-LIST]" <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Jay,  Yes that is the question.  Our TriQ does have the large tank, but we have yet to do a total fill of this one and accurately measure so the numbers were for the "hope" we had 20.  Probably it will be 15 which will just adjust that weight.

I pulled the GU canard CG and it is quite a bit more narrow than the LS.

Martin Skiby

The section on the right was the actual weights and measures to get the CG,  The left side was the chart that shows the weight and moment of each station then showing the total.

I can send you the Excel sheet if you like.  It also has the chart with the CG limits for the LS an GU canard.

Jay Scheevel

The chart that is in the spreadsheet is posted on top of a scanned image of the standard LS-1 cg chart. You can "ungroup" that graph and replace the image with the one you have. Just stretch the graph dimensions to overlay the image that you import, and it should work just right.

Hi Martin,

Send me your GU chart and I will embed in the spreadsheet and put it back on the files section.

Martin Skiby

I sent you the Excel sheet.  I have done that already, but did not attach it to the numbers earlier.

Thanks Jay.

Martin Skiby

Your sheet is so much better!,,

Thanks Jay!!

Martin Skiby

Jay,  I made some adjustments to your sheet.  Main and header tank were swapped I believe.  I also added the GU canard to the chart.  Uploaded for your review.

Thanks again for the help.  Looks like we are in good shape on the weights.

Jay Scheevel

Hi Martin,

Sent you the corrected version offline and am replacing the one in the files section with the correct version that has the GU limit posted on it, along with the LS-1 limits.

Martin Skiby

Great,  Thanks,

We are good to go it seems.  Thanks Jay.  Your the best.  Let me know if you want to pull the trigger and buy the TriQ for training!!!  hahahaha

britmcman99

I am very sensitive about my weight!  How many of us have any "weight reduction" numbers having removed vacuum pump, vacuum hoses, filter, and all
steam gages and swap for glass panel alternatives?

Phil