Here's what happened to the jet powered Quickie

Sam Hoskins

Thanks to Pat P. for the heads up.

http://www.kitplanes.com/issues/34_3/exploring/High-Desert-Tales-Scary-Stuff_21769-1.html
Sam

Sent via wireless Gizmo.

Ryszard Zadow

The CozyJet is STILL the worlds only successfully flying composite-canard jet.

Sincerely,

Ryszard Zadow

Founder and President

Rutan Aircraft Flying Experience

Waller County Aviation Museum

Like us on Facebook.

832 428 5864

From: "jay@... [Q-LIST]" <Q-LIST@...>
Date: 2/19/17 9:06 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: Q-LIST@...

Richard,

Don't let Burt hear that you have forgotten about his most outstanding (and successfully flight tested) composite jet canard, the ARES. Maybe you could get one of these for your museum!

https://youtu.be/zG9LlHcX8lg

Cheers,
Jay Scheevel, Tri-Q, still building

Martin Skiby

Now here is a project that would be fun to tackle.  Too bad there are no plans anywhere!!!!  Getting the gun would be a challenge however.  Too bad the military would not even try it out.  I guess it was not expensive enough!!

Jay Scheevel

This aircraft (ARES) has been modified a few times to be a test bed for a number of systems. It has been observed a few times moving in and out of Paul Allen's hangar in Washington. It has over 300 hours on the airframe. The registration lapsed at the end of 2016, so may be non-flying status. The registration was still listed with Scaled Composites, but since Paul Allen is a part owner of Scaled, that may have been a formality. Would love to see it fly at an airshow. Maybe Jerry Marstall can buy it from Paul Allen, since JM is single pilot jet rated!

Cheers,
Jay Scheevel, Tri-Q, still building

Jay Scheevel

Hi Jerry,

Sent you a question off line last week. Don't know if you got it. I may have been using the wrong e-mail address. Could you let me know if you recieved it? Thanks.

Jerry Marstall <jnmarstall@...>

Received.  I vaguely remember your email.  Thought I responded.  Try me again.

If you don’t get a return msg from me with in a day or two.  I didn’t get it.  I try really hard to respond to all of my msgs.

Jerry