Waddelow wing, and canard

norm_parm@...

Does anyone have the drawings, construction info for the Waddelow wings, and canard? I am rebuilding a damaged Q-200, changing to Tri-Q, and am considering the Waddelow wings.

Regards,
Norm Parmley
(252)671-1567 if you want to talk.............

Martin Skiby

Brad Walker

Absolutely fascinating reading! I really like the analysis as that is something that I can understand and work with.

But, a quick question as I keep hearing these names.

What ever happened to Marc Waddelow and Gene Sheehan?

I'm just simply curious to know..

-brad w.

Sam Hoskins

As I recall/understand it, Marc Waddelow passed away in his kitchen when he discharged a halon fire extinguisher in a confined place. Really sad, he was a smart young man.

I understand that Sheehan is still alive and kicking in Mojave. Tom Jewett was killed in Big Bird, a non-Quickie type aircraft that he was hoping to fly around the world in. It broke up in flight.

Sam

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 10:50 AM, Brad Walker bwalker@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Absolutely fascinating reading! I really like the analysis as that is something that I can understand and work with.

But, a quick question as I keep hearing these names.

What ever happened to Marc Waddelow and Gene Sheehan?

I'm just simply curious to know..

-brad w.

Murry Rozansky

Hi, Gene is a principle in this company: http://www.feulingparts.com/index.php

As I recall/understand it, Marc Waddelow passed away in his kitchen when he discharged a halon fire extinguisher in a confined place. Really sad, he was a smart young man.

I understand that Sheehan is still alive and kicking in Mojave. Tom Jewett was killed in Big Bird, a non-Quickie type aircraft that he was hoping to fly around the world in. It broke up in flight.

Sam

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 10:50 AM, Brad Walker bwalker@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Absolutely fascinating reading! I really like the analysis as that is something that I can understand and work with.

But, a quick question as I keep hearing these names.

What ever happened to Marc Waddelow and Gene Sheehan?

I'm just simply curious to know..

-brad w.

Jim Patillo

I met Tom Jewett when I got a ride in the factory Q2 with Revemaster engine about a year before he died in "Big Bird"'off the end of the runway in Mojave. He was the brains behind QAC and one hell of a nice guy! If he hadn't died Quickie Aircraft might have survived.

Gene was a pain in the ass and hard to deal with. It was no surprise when QAC went down the tubes, even though he had Scott Swing and his dad working for him.

Jim Patillo
N46JP Q200

Jerry Marstall

Somewhere around here I have a tape of a telephone conversation I had with Tom Jewett over how to get my 6’ 6” self into the cockpit he had advertised as accepting two people 6’8”, 250lbs ea.  Being neither, I still couldn’t get into it.  With his generous advice, I was able to square off the canopy, add 2” to the turtleback height, slip the base of the seat toward the seat tank, and hoist my rudder pedals off of the canard.  Now it only takes a shoehorn to get in, instead of a compactor.  Fortunately as time as passed, I have misplaced 2.25” in height.  Life is good.

Jerry

I met Tom Jewett when I got a ride in the factory Q2 with Revemaster engine about a year before he died in "Big Bird"'off the end of the runway in Mojave. He was the brains behind QAC and one hell of a nice guy! If he hadn't died Quickie Aircraft might have survived.

Gene was a pain in the ass and hard to deal with. It was no surprise when QAC went down the tubes, even though he had Scott Swing and his dad working for him.

Jim Patillo
N46JP Q200

Jay Scheevel

A good story of adapting your environment to fit you, then you adapting to fit your environment, Jerry. How in the world did you ever fit into those air force shoeboxes???

Cheers,
Jay Scheevel, Tri-Q, still building.....building....building...