First Flight Complete

Martin Skiby

N33QR took to the sky last evening at about 6:15PM.  Perfect take off and climb out to 2500 feet.  My son was at the controls and handled her with ease.  No issues found, and was able to trim the plane out on the first flight.  It has a GU canard and an 0200 so was a different feel than out TriQ obviously.  He made a short flight with a couple laps around the airport then a perfect landing.   So one more in the AIR team.

Thanks to all for the advise and help with the W&B.    More testing to come and will report.

quickieaircraft

Congratulations! I look forward to hearing more about it.

-Emron
TriQ200 20ish hrs

Patrick Panzera

YES! Major congratulations!!!

Pat

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 9:05 AM, mskiby@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

N33QR took to the sky last evening at about 6:15PM.  Perfect take off and climb out to 2500 feet.  My son was at the controls and handled her with ease.  No issues found, and was able to trim the plane out on the first flight.  It has a GU canard and an 0200 so was a different feel than out TriQ obviously.  He made a short flight with a couple laps around the airport then a perfect landing.   So one more in the AIR team.

Thanks to all for the advise and help with the W&B.    More testing to come and will report.

Jay Scheevel

Congratulations to you Martin and your son, for another successfully completed project! So glad to hear that everything came off perfectly!  Post some pictures when you get a chance.

Cheers,
Jay Scheevel, Tri-Q still building

Kevin Boddicker

Great news. Been a while since a first flight. Congrats!
Fly safe!
Kevin Boddicker
TriQ 200 413hrs
Luana, IA.

PS. Spring  Fling is May 19 - 21,  2017. DEH location.

On Mar 29, 2017, at 11:05 AM, mskiby@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

N33QR took to the sky last evening at about 6:15PM.  Perfect take off and climb out to 2500 feet.  My son was at the controls and handled her with ease.  No issues found, and was able to trim the plane out on the first flight.  It has a GU canard and an 0200 so was a different feel than out TriQ obviously.  He made a short flight with a couple laps around the airport then a perfect landing.   So one more in the AIR team.

Thanks to all for the advise and help with the W&B.    More testing to come and will report.

Outstanding!!  👏👏👏

Sent from the ultimate iPhone

On Mar 29, 2017, at 9:05 AM, mskiby@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

N33QR took to the sky last evening at about 6:15PM.  Perfect take off and climb out to 2500 feet.  My son was at the controls and handled her with ease.  No issues found, and was able to trim the plane out on the first flight.  It has a GU canard and an 0200 so was a different feel than out TriQ obviously.  He made a short flight with a couple laps around the airport then a perfect landing.   So one more in the AIR team.

Thanks to all for the advise and help with the W&B.    More testing to come and will report.

Jerry Marstall <jnmarstall@...>

CONGRATULATIONS!!  Looking forward to seeing you at one of our Q flyin's. Jerry

N33QR took to the sky last evening at about 6:15PM.  Perfect take off and climb out to 2500 feet.  My son was at the controls and handled her with ease.  No issues found, and was able to trim the plane out on the first flight.  It has a GU canard and an 0200 so was a different feel than out TriQ obviously.  He made a short flight with a couple laps around the airport then a perfect landing.   So one more in the AIR team.

Thanks to all for the advise and help with the W&B.    More testing to come and will report.

Sam Hoskins

We love hearing about successful first fights. Congratulations to you and your son, the results of hard work and stick-to-itiveness.

Sam

Sent via wireless Gizmo.

On Mar 29, 2017 11:05 AM, "mskiby@... [Q-LIST]" <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

N33QR took to the sky last evening at about 6:15PM.  Perfect take off and climb out to 2500 feet.  My son was at the controls and handled her with ease.  No issues found, and was able to trim the plane out on the first flight.  It has a GU canard and an 0200 so was a different feel than out TriQ obviously.  He made a short flight with a couple laps around the airport then a perfect landing.   So one more in the AIR team.

Thanks to all for the advise and help with the W&B.    More testing to come and will report.

Norm Parmley <norm_parm@...>

Congrats on first flight! We need pics, and video for proof. And I am wishing my project was flying!

N33QR took to the sky last evening at about 6:15PM.  Perfect take off and climb out to 2500 feet.  My son was at the controls and handled her with ease.  No issues found, and was able to trim the plane out on the first flight.  It has a GU canard and an 0200 so was a different feel than out TriQ obviously.  He made a short flight with a couple laps around the airport then a perfect landing.   So one more in the AIR team.

Thanks to all for the advise and help with the W&B.    More testing to come and will report.

sanjay <Sanjay@...>

Martin,  Congrats!  Hurrah!
Sanjay

N33QR took to the sky last evening at about 6:15PM.  Perfect take off and climb out to 2500 feet.  My son was at the controls and handled her with ease.  No issues found, and was able to trim the plane out on the first flight.  It has a GU canard and an 0200 so was a different feel than out TriQ obviously.  He made a short flight with a couple laps around the airport then a perfect landing.   So one more in the AIR team.

Thanks to all for the advise and help with the W&B.    More testing to come and will report.

Hey Martin, way to go. I am happy to see Mark Summers plane back in flying condition and really happy to see both you and your son realize dreams and make memories

Congratulations to you two! Just in time for flying season.

Jim Patillo

Jon Swenson

Congrats  for your success.  Hope to join you soon!

--
Jon Swenson

Martin Skiby

Yes it is a fine bird and was a great start to the project.  Just a few tweaks and a longer flight tomorrow.