Q1 Powerplant Change

MATT HUGHES

Thanks for the heads up. I will keep that in mind for test flight.  I have a sonerai with a VW so I have been through the trials of balancing cooling a drag.
Do you remember any specs of configuration and prop with the 1/2vw?

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 10:00 AM, JMasal@... [Q-LIST]
wrote:

I flew some test hours behind a 1/2 VW. I think you'll like it. Cooling was a problem and

it looks like you might not have enuff so WATCHIT.

j.

-----Original Message-----
From: 'mattughes@...' mattughes@... [Q-LIST]
To: Q-LIST
Sent: Thu, Aug 24, 2017 9:44 pm
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] Q1 Powerplant Change [5 Attachments]

I am in the process of installing a 1/2vw on my q1.  The biggest job was creating the cowling.  The 1/2vw engine mounts were easy.  This is where I left off this spring.  I will return to the project this winter.  I finished my sonerai this summer.  I have split lines created in my mold so I can layup top and bottom cowling plus checks individually in the mold to create fitted parts with flanges.  I flew this airplane with the Onan last summer and fall.

On Sun, Aug 13, 2017 at 4:12 PM, JMasal@... [Q-LIST]
LIST@...> wrote:

A lotta this Q-1 alternative engine stuff was covered in Quicktalk 15-20 years ago.