Back in one piece

Jay Scheevel

Well everything fit back together. Shiney and new. Still have to paint the doors, flight surfaces, cowling and access panels, but I can move on to fuel flow testing, then put the engine back on for testing. Feeling jazzed.

Cheers,

Jay Scheevel, Tri-Q still building

Paul Fisher

Very pretty Jay!  You have the right to be jazzed!!

Paul

On Feb 15, 2018 7:04 PM, "'Jay Scheevel SGT' jay@... [Q-LIST]" <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Well everything fit back together. Shiney and new. Still have to paint the doors, flight surfaces, cowling and access panels, but I can move on to fuel flow testing, then put the engine back on for testing. Feeling jazzed.

Cheers,

Jay Scheevel, Tri-Q still building

Kevin Boddicker

Very good looking Jay!
You might have hit 55%!
Kevin

On Feb 15, 2018, at 7:03 PM, 'Jay Scheevel SGT' jay@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Well everything fit back together. Shiney and new. Still have to paint the doors, flight surfaces, cowling and access panels, but I can move on to fuel flow testing, then put the engine back on for testing. Feeling jazzed.

Cheers,

Jay Scheevel, Tri-Q still building

Dan Lee

Wow, pretty sweet. Gives me inspiration!
I’m going to be flight testing this spring..summer...
Then paint...
Cheers!

--
Daniel Lee
N200TQ

Jay Scheevel

Thanks Kevin! making progress ��

"Kevin Boddicker trumanst@... [Q-LIST]" <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Very good looking Jay!
You might have hit 55%!
Kevin

On Feb 15, 2018, at 7:03 PM, 'Jay Scheevel SGT' jay@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Well everything fit back together. Shiney and new. Still have to paint the doors, flight surfaces, cowling and access panels, but I can move on to fuel flow testing, then put the engine back on for testing. Feeling jazzed.

Cheers,

Jay Scheevel, Tri-Q still building

<one_peice.jpg>

Jerry Marstall <jnmarstall@...>

WOW!!  What's the skinny on the bulges at the wing root and split-line?

Well everything fit back together. Shiney and new. Still have to paint the doors, flight surfaces, cowling and access panels, but I can move on to fuel flow testing, then put the engine back on for testing. Feeling jazzed.

Cheers,

Jay Scheevel, Tri-Q still building

One Sky Dog

Jerry,

Area rule fill in the low pressure separation points? Fastest tri-Q in the world my prediction.

Regards,

Charlie Johnson

My You Tube Channel " One Sky Dog "

On Feb 16, 2018, at 5:07 AM, Jerry Marstall jnmarstall@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

WOW!!  What's the skinny on the bulges at the wing root and split-line?

Well everything fit back together. Shiney and new. Still have to paint the doors, flight surfaces, cowling and access panels, but I can move on to fuel flow testing, then put the engine back on for testing. Feeling jazzed.

Cheers,

Jay Scheevel, Tri-Q still building

Bruce Crain

Jerry Marstall <jnmarstall@...>

Beyond my pay grade

Well everything fit back together. Shiney and new. Still have to paint the doors, flight surfaces, cowling and access panels, but I can move on to fuel flow testing, then put the engine back on for testing. Feeling jazzed.

Cheers,

Jay Scheevel, Tri-Q still building

Norm Parmley <norm_parm@...>

Jay,
Looking good, and so close. Finish up and come help me finish mine!

Get her done!

Norm

On Thursday, February 15, 2018, 8:04:08 PM EST, 'Jay Scheevel SGT' jay@... [Q-LIST] wrote:

Well everything fit back together. Shiney and new. Still have to paint the doors, flight surfaces, cowling and access panels, but I can move on to fuel flow testing, then put the engine back on for testing. Feeling jazzed.

Cheers,

Jay Scheevel, Tri-Q still building

Jay Scheevel

Hi Jerry,

Pretty much what Charlie said. I am trying to minimize root/intersection drag at the inboard end of the aileron. The “bump” is also shaped so that there is a flat surface adjacent and perpendicular to the aileron no matter the deflection. This tends to maximize control efficiency and minimize root drag for all positions of the aileron. I have done the same thing with the inboard end of the elevator by adding similarly shaped, but bigger, strakes. Here is a picture of the belly so you can see what the strakes look like for the canard. You will also note the blatant plagiarism of Bob Malechek’s stainless heat shield panels immediately behind the exhaust.  At present, I will not make as bold a prediction as Charlie just did for my Tri-Q speed, but I guess I can dream about that…..