Electric Q1

Mike Dwyer

This looks pretty cool.  Found it poking around on YouTube

Still the best Flyby Video of a Q200

Mike Q200 N3QP

Henry Hallam

That electric Q1 is my project... still working toward airworthiness inspection and first flight. Trailered it to Mojave last weekend, hopefully it won't be too much longer.

Nice flyby shot!

Cheers, Henry

On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 1:51 PM, Mike Dwyer q2pilot@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

This looks pretty cool.  Found it poking around on YouTube

Still the best Flyby Video of a Q200

Mike Q200 N3QP

gbrighton@...

Bewdy Henry ,

                         Im sitting on a Tri Q ... waiting for electric population ... How are Reverse Thrusting ?

Cheers, Graham

Henry Hallam

G'day Graham,

Turning the prop backwards doesn't seem to be very effective at producing much reverse thrust, at least at low speeds (I've only tested up to about 20 mph).  I'm sure it's more drag than a stopped or idling prop but it doesn't augment the  plans soapbox-derby brakes as much as I'd like.  On the other hand, it's highly effective at making a lot of noise.  I'll see if it's any better at higher speeds.

Cheers, Henry

On Thu, May 31, 2018, 05:04 gbrighton@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Bewdy Henry ,

                         Im sitting on a Tri Q ... waiting for electric population ... How are Reverse Thrusting ?

Cheers, Graham

gbrighton@...

Thanks Henry,

                         Wondering how u reverse Thrust .. do u stop the Motor and then Reverse Motor .. or do u have a Reverse Prop mechanism ?

Would be a great reduced Landing Roll out feature ..,

Can u keep us posted with your progress PLZ ..,?

Cheers,

Graham.