From: Q-LIST@... <Q-LIST@...> on behalf of sam.hoskins@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...>
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2019 9:40 AM
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: [Q-LIST] Re: Minimum tire size

Those are the tires I use. Sometimes called lamb tires. I inflate them to 50 psi.

Sam Hoskins

Sorry, I should have provided some more information.

I do not land on rough fields or grass. You're going to be taking off and landing at roughly 70 miles an hour. Sometimes more. I just don't have any interest in taxing the system at all. There are a few of the guys who have landed on grass but not me. There have been a few occasions where I have flown with a gross weight of 1300 lbs.

That is a small wheel and it is turning pretty darn fast, and you don't have any real shock absorbers other than the canard itself.

Paul Fisher

I agree with Sam.  I've never landed on grass and I don't intend to ever do so.  One small gopher hole could ruin your whole day.

I also use the standard Lamb tires.

Paul Fisher
Q-200, N17PF ~1650 hours over 28.5 years