OSH warbird webcam captures quickies

Jay Scheevel

Two Q2/200’s in among the grass-eaters at Oshkosh! No one is safe from these spy-cams. I recognize the one on the left as Matthew’s.

Corbin

I was considering flying up Wednesday.  However, I let a buddy borrow my Claw tie down system so I don't have a good solution to keep her safely planted.  Also, not sure what status of parking availability would be.

Corbin Ge!ser

On July 22, 2019 at 5:57 PM, "'Jay Scheevel SGT' jay@... [Q-LIST]" wrote:

Two Q2/200’s in among the grass-eaters at Oshkosh! No one is safe from these spy-cams. I recognize the one on the left as Matthew’s.

Matthew Curcio

I was able to sneak in this morning. I left Socal bright and early yesterday but a little bit of a late start combined with a little bit of weather and headwinds put me too late before the airspace closed. I camped out at portage with a bunch of guys who were stuck waiting for parking to dry out for certified stuff. I managed to time things out just perfectly and come in up in the fast lane. I think I was one of the first few airplanes they let in this am. Right after I landed I got a text update that they were backed up at Fisk for over an hour.

Corbin- you shouldn’t have any problem with parking. Experimental don’t really ever run out of space. Call me regarding tie downs if you want to come.

Matthew Curcio
419-290-3773

On Jul 22, 2019, at 17:57, 'Jay Scheevel SGT' jay@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Two Q2/200’s in among the grass-eaters at Oshkosh! No one is safe from these spy-cams. I recognize the one on the left as Matthew’s.

<quickies_and_grass_eaters.jpg>

Corbin

Thanks Matthew!  I will holler at you if I do decide to come up.  Thanks!!

Corbin Ge!ser

On July 22, 2019 at 7:21 PM, "Matthew Curcio mlcurcio89@... [Q-LIST]" wrote:

[...]

JMasal@...

Did I black out suddenly??? I'm reading a lot of Keith congrats but exactly WHAT award did he win?

Paul Fisher

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019, 16:23 JMasal@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Did I black out suddenly??? I'm reading a lot of Keith congrats but exactly WHAT award did he win?

jay jay <drhyed@...>

  • A Major Award!

On Jul 29, 2019, at 4:47 PM, JMasal@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Did I black out suddenly??? I'm reading a lot of Keith congrats but exactly WHAT award did he win?

The Quickie received recognition for “Outstanding Workmanship Plans built”
When I registered it upon arriving I almost declined judging.
I knew thirty years of troubleshooting getting engine temps in line resulting in five overhauls and two engines, three cowl repaints, a few delaminate repairs from being kneed at airshows, two panels and fading of the cockpit material would keep it from being a top tier airplane.
I started getting curious the more initials that were on the prop card, 15 in all, especially when one judge told me that was a good thing.
 I was surprised when a letter was delivered by the head judge on Friday that the Q would be recognized at Sat evenings awards presentation.  Even though it didn’t get a Lindy the plaque received is pretty especially when considering there were some 4000 homebuilts registered.
The winner in plans built was.......a Long Eze.

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 4:23 PM JMasal@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Did I black out suddenly??? I'm reading a lot of Keith congrats but exactly WHAT award did he win?

Kevin Boddicker

Probably!
I'll wake you up in Enid!!
Wire brush to follow!!!!!

On Jul 29, 2019, at 3:47 PM, JMasal@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Did I black out suddenly??? I'm reading a lot of Keith congrats but exactly WHAT award did he win?

JMasal@...

OUTSTANDING kEITH. Especially in view of the weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth it took you to get there! Also proud that the Osh
judges could recognize the workmanship of an older homebuilt. I was at Osh but didn't see it as my stamina is still crap and I
stuck to the trams. Did see the QAC Quickie from a distance but I thought that one was hanging in a Wash state museum. Was it
moved?

j.

[...]

Thanks Jim,
I was surprised and honored for the same reasons you just stated.  Don’t know if or how many of you saw it fly in Thursday’s airshow.  After all the brain pounding & butterflies the actual flight was a blast....because our flight leader had done such a good coaching us.

If anyone noticed we launched top down w/ the fastest planes circling @ 1100’, the second tire circled @ 800’ with the slowest @ 500’, me and the Viggen.  The air boss brought us down from the bottom up.  The crowd passes were @ 200’.  When the Viggen & I landed everyone stepped down till all had done a crowd pass & landed.  The Air Boss had me make a tight pattern to get two passes in.  That was unexpected & told to me right after I broke ground on takeoff.  Much planning, the right combination of people & discipline was necessary to pull this off as cleanly as we did.  We were told in no uncertain terms 4 things to remember....be where your supposed to be, do what your supposed to do, be on time & never loose sight of the plane if front.  The 200’ crowd pass granted by the Air Boss was unusual I’m told for civilian flyers, normally it’s 500’.

On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 10:53 AM JMasal@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

[...]

Jerry Marstall <jnmarstall@...>

The reason you got two passes is because you went by too fast to see on the first one.

[...]

Never thought of it that way....or to small to see