Tire inflation tool

Q plusTwo

I just use two of these screwed together; bought them at Big Lots of all places.

I will say that Corbin's suggestion seems much easier. I seem to recall that these barely stick out past the wheel pant once fitted, which makes fitting the air chuck a royal pain.

-MD

Richard Kaczmarek 3RD

NAPA has the metal valve stem extensions that will screw together they are used on Semi tires. We use them with our Q's and other aircraft with access through the wheel pants. Don't forget to remove them after use they will break off and not hurt the stem but it's a pain to get the part left behind off we may or may not have done this one or twice.

Richard

Mike Dwyer

I just screwed 2 metal extenders from the auto parts store together.  Had no issue with the threads...  Locktight them to make sure they don't come apart...
Mike

John Hoxie

Thanx Corbin,
I ordered a 6" dually. To get it overnight, I had to use a different brand, but should work well.

Corbin Geiser <c_geiser@...>

Better pic...I ordered it off amazon.

Corbin

On Aug 27, 2019, at 11:33 AM, Corbin Geiser wrote:

I can get a better pic later today....here ya go for now:

Corbin

On Aug 27, 2019, at 11:21 AM, hoxdesigns@... [Q-LIST] wrote:

What extender do we use for going through the wheel pant? I am trying to move my plane. I have a set of plastic and metal 1-1/4 inch extenders. The metal ones look threaded, so I always figured I could join two of them. Imagine my surprise when I can't screw them together. They are grooved, but not threaded, ie: the grooves are parallel and not helical. I have seen some flexible ones online, but we need rigid. Only have two days to get these inflated. Don't want to take the wheels off. Thanks in advance.

Corbin Geiser <c_geiser@...>