N8WQ interior paint

Jay Scheevel

At FOD, some folks asked me about my interior texture paint. It was a “home brew” of 3 rattle can products laid down in order: Rust-Oleum brand grey Filler Primer, then Krylon “Stone” Course Texture-travertine tan, then Rust-oleum 2X Ultra Cover Matte Clear. The clear finish goes over the texture paint prior to the texture coat completely drying. You can do multiple coats of the clear matte, to give the whole thing durability.  So far, I have found it to be very durable.

Cheers,

Jay

Jay Scheevel

Here is the photo, if it did not get through.

Jay

Matthew Curcio

Another very good option which is what most all of the long ez's have is zolatone. I used zolatone on my baggage compartment and I've been very happy with it. No doubt the weirdest finish I've ever sprayed but it dries hard and makes for a very profession and finished looking surface. 

Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2019 2:09 PM
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: [Q-LIST] Re: N8WQ interior paint

Jay

Jay Scheevel

I considered zolatone as a first option, but could not find a color I liked, so… I improvised…

Cheers,

Jay

Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2019 12:20 PM
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] Re: N8WQ interior paint

Another very good option which is what most all of the long ez's have is zolatone. I used zolatone on my baggage compartment and I've been very happy with it. No doubt the weirdest finish I've ever sprayed but it dries hard and makes for a very profession and finished looking surface. 

From: Q-LIST@... <Q-LIST@...> on behalf of jay@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...>
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2019 2:09 PM
To: Q-LIST@... <Q-LIST@...>
Subject: [Q-LIST] Re: N8WQ interior paint

Jay

John Hartley

How about flammability of this setup? I'm not familiar with the materials but it seems you could be setting in a tinderbox. A pretty tinderbox.
John

Sam Hoskins

You're sitting on a gas tank. I'd say you're already inside the tinderbox. 

On Tue, Sep 24, 2019, 10:09 PM john.hartley1@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

How about flammability of this setup? I'm not familiar with the materials but it seems you could be setting in a tinderbox. A pretty tinderbox.
John

Jay Scheevel

Good point, Sammy!

Cheers,
Jay

Matthew Curcio

Not to mention, if you’ve ever done a burnt test on a sample of glass off your plane, the resin is super flammable as well. I did make sure to use materials that met the FAA’s requirements for burn testing when I did my interior but fires are bad, period.

Matthew Curcio
419-290-3773

On Sep 25, 2019, at 08:41, Sam Hoskins sam.hoskins@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

You're sitting on a gas tank. I'd say you're already inside the tinderbox. 

On Tue, Sep 24, 2019, 10:09 PM john.hartley1@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

John

Jay Scheevel

I used those FAA flammability resistant fabrics on my interior, courtesy of a friend that worked in a lear jet shop that was clearing out old fabric designs. I do have bare paint on some of the interior though. You cant win 'em all, I guess.

Jay