End of Yahoo groups

Leon

I haven't posted here in years, but I do check in occasionally.  What is going to happen to this group when Yahoo shuts things down?

Are there any plans to migrate this group to a new site?  I've migrated my Yahoo group to GroupsIO

It cost me a few $'s but the move was pretty easy with about half the members of this group.
==========
Leon McAtee

Q-1 still waiting for me to build an engine............

Sam Hoskins

Thanks for giving the heads up. We'll have to really consider this carefully to decide where we are going from here on out.

Sam 

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019, 8:36 AM leoncasper@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

I haven't posted here in years, but I do check in occasionally.  What is going to happen to this group when Yahoo shuts things down?

Are there any plans to migrate this group to a new site?  I've migrated my Yahoo group to GroupsIO

It cost me a few $'s but the move was pretty easy with about half the members of this group.
==========
Leon McAtee

Paul Fisher

This came up a year or two ago so Jay set up a Google group -https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!forum/q-list2

It seems to work very similar to the current Yahoo group, so we would just have to get everyone moved over.

Just another option.

Paul

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019, 09:19 Sam Hoskins sam.hoskins@... [Q-LIST] <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

Thanks for giving the heads up. We'll have to really consider this carefully to decide where we are going from here on out.

Sam 

==========
Leon McAtee

Jay Scheevel

I have set up a Google Groups version of this list. I can forward Yahoo Q-list notes to there when I receive them if you want. There are some pros and cons, but it does work. q-list2@.... Three are currently 49 members, but the last post was over a year ago.

Cheers,
Jay

Jay Scheevel

I have set up a Google Groups version of this list. I can forward Yahoo Q-list notes to there when I receive them if you want. There are some pros and cons, but it does work. q-list2@.... Three are currently 49 members, but the last post was over a year ago.

Cheers,
Jay

Jay Scheevel

Sorry for the repeat, but Yahoo groups does not seem to respond in real time, so I posted again.

Jay

Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2019 8:57 AM
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] End of Yahoo groups

Cheers,

Jay

Mike Dwyer

I think I'd rather use Google Groups.  After all, Google is going to own the world soon.  We might as well assimilate now.
Mike

letun@...

Good afternoon, I own the site larus.aero there I created the forum forum.larus.aero forum and I can easily create a separate section there on Quickie and Dragonfly themes, I can transfer all files with groups there.
We can think together about the structure and I will create it there very quickly, in an hour. After all, the plus of the forum is that you can streamline everything, and not how it all flows.

Sam Hoskins

FYI, there are currently over 800 people on the current Q-list. Paul Fisher and myself are the most active moderators and kind of oversee the thing. We approve new members to keep the spammers out and so on. 

As Yahoo is forcing a change on us, we appreciate all the input we can get. Do you want to keep this broadcast email type group or would you like to see a topic type which is already set up on Quickheads? here 

Sam 

==========
Leon McAtee

Mike Raim

I've been following the Q-list for years as my father gave me his half finished Q2/ Q200, and just recently moved it to closer access, along with a new crated engine he had. I feel like a lurker, but do enjoy the input and info provided. I would much enjoy the continued on line any Sam's, et al, posting.

Dr. Mike Raim
gatortrout@...

On October 16, 2019 at 12:02 PM "Sam Hoskins sam.hoskins@... [Q-LIST]" <Q-LIST@...> wrote:

FYI, there are currently over 800 people on the current Q-list. Paul Fisher and myself are the most active moderators and kind of oversee the thing. We approve new members to keep the spammers out and so on. 

As Yahoo is forcing a change on us, we appreciate all the input we can get. Do you want to keep this broadcast email type group or would you like to see a topic type which is already set up on Quickheads? here 

Sam 

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019, 8:36 AM leoncasper@... [Q-LIST] < Q-LIST@...> wrote:

==========
Leon McAtee

Google or whatever platform you guys think would be best. I’m currently on the sonex. Net site that I can access through the app “tap talk”. That seems to work for those guys although I personally am not very tech savvy 

Mike (wannabe Q200)

On Oct 16, 2019, at 1:24 PM, MICHAEL RAIM gatortrout@... [Q-LIST] wrote:

I've been following the Q-list for years as my father gave me his half finished Q2/ Q200, and just recently moved it to closer access, along with a new crated engine he had. I feel like a lurker, but do enjoy the input and info provided. I would much enjoy the continued on line any Sam's, et al, posting.

Dr. Mike Raim
gatortrout@...

On October 16, 2019 at 12:02 PM "Sam Hoskins sam.hoskins@... [Q-LIST]" wrote:

Sam 

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019, 8:36 AM leoncasper@... [Q-LIST] < Q-LIST@...> wrote:

==========
Leon McAtee

Jay Scheevel

I prefer the e-mail type of group. I think having the files, photos and topics searchable online along with the e-mail list is good. Google groups does not have an obvious way to do these sorting and searching, but I have been looking at the GroupsIO and it does seem to have this capability. Someone has to pony up the subscription price, which is not much, but it is an obvious Achilles heel, should the subscription holder drop from the group.

Cheers,

Jay

Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2019 10:03 AM
To: Q-LIST@...
Subject: Re: [Q-LIST] End of Yahoo groups

Sam 

==========

Leon McAtee

letun@...

I own the site larus.aero there I created a forum forum.larus.aero and I can easily create a separate section there for Quickie and Dragonfly themes, I can transfer all files with groups there .
We can think together about the structure and I will create it there very quickly, in an hour. After all, the plus of the forum is that you can streamline everything, and not how it all flows.

letun@...

Good afternoon, I own the site larus.aero there I created a forum forum.larus.aero and I can easily create a separate section there for Quickie and Dragonfly themes, I can transfer all files with groups there .

benx611

Most of the groups of interest to me have already migrated to groups.io over the last year. . . Successfully.
I hear groups.io is now charging a migration fee of $110.
Donations of $10ea from 11 of us would handle that easily. Yes I will donate if asked.

Ben

Dragonfly Russell

I can’t access or even find the Google group. I like the idea of a more forum-style site. I’m willing to donate for whatever we decide.

Bruce Crain

Bruce Crain

letun@...

I edited my profile many times, but for some reason the groups never want to display my name. My name is Maxim, I am a professional pilot, the commander of a Boeing 737 and together with my friends we are the owners of the only Viking Dragonfly in Russia, but of course, historically, I am a fan of too and therefore subscribed to the group and offered help.