Trio Autopilot

Jim Patillo

Hi all, I just installed and tested my new AP. I was using a Navaid prior. It’s digital and has great tracking ability. I especially like the 180 degree turn button for getting out deteriorating VFR conditions.

Trio EZ autopilot comes in two versions, LCD and OLED. I installed the LCD display which is a little hard to read in certain conditions.

Now the question. Does anybody have one installed with the OLED display?

Jim
N46JP - Q200
Sent from Outerspace

Paul Fisher

Sorry Jim, I have the LCD version installed in my RV (since 2009).  It can be difficult to read sometimes, but I rarely need to read the screen.  I just engage it in course or track mode and it works great!  I thought about upgrading to the OLED, but it never seemed overly necessary.

Paul

On Sat, Oct 26, 2019, 19:02 Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:
Hi all, I just installed and tested my new AP. I was using a Navaid prior. It’s digital and has great tracking ability. I especially like the 180 degree turn button for getting out deteriorating VFR conditions.

Trio EZ autopilot comes in two versions, LCD and OLED. I installed the LCD display which is a little hard to read in certain conditions.

Now the question. Does anybody have one installed with the OLED display?

Jim
N46JP - Q200
Sent from Outerspace

Jim Patillo

Thanks Paul,

I have the option to return the LCD and replace it with an OLED unit. I think I may change it out next week unless someone says something to the contrary.

Jim

Sent from Outer Space

On Oct 26, 2019, at 5:11 PM, Paul Fisher <rv7a.n18pf@...> wrote:

[...]

Rodney Herzig

Hi Jim,
I have the OLED display and it’s easily readable in all lighting conditions. I’ve been using it since 2006 and it’s performed flawlessly.
Hope this helps.

Rod Herzig

On Oct 26, 2019, at 8:02 PM, Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@msn.com> wrote:

Hi all, I just installed and tested my new AP. I was using a Navaid prior. It’s digital and has great tracking ability. I especially like the 180 degree turn button for getting out deteriorating VFR conditions.

Trio EZ autopilot comes in two versions, LCD and OLED. I installed the LCD display which is a little hard to read in certain conditions.

Now the question. Does anybody have one installed with the OLED display?

Jim
N46JP - Q200
Sent from Outerspace

Jim Patillo

Thanks Rod.  Chuck at Trio Avionics is changing out the readout to OLED now. They are nice guys to work with. I’ll post the results. 👌

Jim
N46JP - Q200

Rodney Herzig

Your welcome Jim. I think you’ll like the OLED visibility better. I have an LCD altitude hold display and it’s unreadable (It looks like it’s powered off) with my sunglasses on because of the UVA protection

Rod Herzig

N399BR CozyIII

On Oct 29, 2019, at 9:14 AM, Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:

Thanks Rod.  Chuck at Trio Avionics is changing out the readout to OLED now. They are nice guys to work with. I’ll post the results. 👌

Jim
N46JP - Q200

Michel Royer

If I may ask,,,  What Altitude Holder do you use???

Rodney Herzig

I use the Trio Avionics altitude hold.

Rod Herzig
N399BR CozyIII