Migrating Q-Performance email list

Patrick Panzera

Many moons ago (2003?) some of the members of the Q-List email group got tired of all the talk about modifying the Q2/Q-200 (with different engines and the like) so I formed another Yahoo group where that type of talk could be tolerated.

Now that Yahoo is stripping all the archives from all of it's groups, many (including Q-List) have "migrated" to Groups.io, preserving all of the archives seamlessly.

Q-Performance should do likewise, but with Gropis.io, there's a capability to add a "subgroup" to an existing group- so I think that Q-Performance should be a subgroup of Q-List, because functionally, it's already a subgroup, but not just physically.

Already the Q-List has a Tri-Q subgroup, so it only seems reasonable that Q-Performance should do likewise.

https://q-list.groups.io/g/main/subgroups

And the same should be done for the Q-1 group.

So if someone wants to take the helm and make that happen (potentially the owner of the Q-List) I'll be happy to cooperate with the Q-Performance administrative end of that.

Thanks!

Pat

Jon Matcho

The original purpose to create the Q-Performance list was to keep the “per plans” mindset in focus with the Q-List group.  Making Q-Performance a subgroup of the new QAB group will result in the following:

  1. Posting to the main QAB group will ALSO send messages to everyone who is a member of the subgroup.
  2. Members of the Q-Performance subgroup will naturally reply, and posts will quickly become intermixed.
  3. That’s really it – you’ll soon have no reason for a subgroup considering all the cross-posting that will happen.

The Canard Zone lists were set up with this in mind, where each subgroup operates independently.  The main membership group is only used for community-wide announcements.

Pat, I did not know you were the owner of that group.  I’ll gladly support migrating the Q-Performance group into a group that is ready and waiting for your arrival.  I set you up as a moderator there.

I can migrate your Q1 list as well – I didn’t know it existed until now.

Kindly,

Jon

Jon Matcho

Builder / Administrator

jonmatcho@...

Repairing Quickie TriQ-200

Building a Cozy Mark IV

www.canardzone.com

www.quickheads.com

Sam Hoskins

Jon, this is not correct. The sub-groups are their own entity and do not cross post.   https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/wiki/Subgroups

Let's take this off-line until we get it straightened out and we can send out a notice explaining the new sub-groups and how they work.

Sam

On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 3:01 PM Jon Matcho <jonmatcho@...> wrote:

[...]

Rick Hole

May i suggest setup up here a subgroup as Sam suggests and test it out. The main group would, presumably, be unaware of the testing and you would know for sure how it goes before taking it “live”. If we can cover Q-p on this system I think it would be the most appropriate location.

Rick Hole

Jay Scheevel

I just did that test on the Tri-Q subgroup and it worked as described by Sam. I think Pat's suggestion to move W-perfomance to a subgroup will work fine.