Q2 fuselage molds

Dustin Graber

I ran across this the other day and thought someone might be interested. It looks like junk to me, but who knows.

look up Fernando Ocampo in Los Angeles on Facebook market.

$300

charlie

Interesting,
Being that I am interested in finding a fresh uncut fuselage the molds could well be just the ticket. Unfortunately being in the Northeast and other projects sapping my funds the transportation aspect of them makes it difficult for me to consider getting them.
CharlieN

At 05:52 AM 11/26/2019 -0800, you wrote:
I ran across this the other day and thought someone might be interested. It looks like junk to me, but who knows.

look up Fernando Ocampo in Los Angeles on Facebook market.

$300

[] [] [] []   Content-Id: <attach_0_15DABABB3C9DD52B_6724@groups.io>

Dave Dugas

Charlie

These look like the actual fuselage, not the molds.

Dave D.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Being that I am interested in finding a fresh uncut fuselage the molds could well be just the ticket. Unfortunately being in the Northeast and other projects sapping my funds the transportation aspect of them makes it difficult for me to consider getting them.
CharlieN

At 05:52 AM 11/26/2019 -0800, you wrote:

I ran across this the other day and thought someone might be interested. It looks like junk to me, but who knows.

look up Fernando Ocampo in Los Angeles on Facebook market.

$300

treatrayner@yahoo.com <treatrayner@...>

It appears to be a fuselage inside a set of molds.
If someone from our group acquires this, I have a set of molds for the cowling.
I will be happy to share them.
Robert Rayner
Orlando

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 9:56 AM, Dave Dugas via Groups.Io
<davedq2@...> wrote:

Charlie

These look like the actual fuselage, not the molds.

Dave D.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Being that I am interested in finding a fresh uncut fuselage the molds could well be just the ticket. Unfortunately being in the Northeast and other projects sapping my funds the transportation aspect of them makes it difficult for me to consider getting them.
CharlieN

At 05:52 AM 11/26/2019 -0800, you wrote:

I ran across this the other day and thought someone might be interested. It looks like junk to me, but who knows.

look up Fernando Ocampo in Los Angeles on Facebook market.

$300

[][][][]  Content-Id: <attach_0_15DABABB3C9DD52B_6724@groups.io>

Robert Dixon <rdixon@...>

Or it is the plug used to make the molds...
Robert

--

Robert Dixon
Estuarium Manager

Jay Scheevel

Thought the same thing, Dave, but what I think is that it is a male plug that was built in order to make the female molds. Probably is both the plug and molds for sale.  Would be a good thing to have if you needed to make a new fuselage, or two or three.  I think Phil is in the neighborhood, and he should pick them up to go with the rest of his collection.

These look like the actual fuselage, not the molds.

Dave D.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Being that I am interested in finding a fresh uncut fuselage the molds could well be just the ticket. Unfortunately being in the Northeast and other projects sapping my funds the transportation aspect of them makes it difficult for me to consider getting them.
CharlieN

At 05:52 AM 11/26/2019 -0800, you wrote:

I ran across this the other day and thought someone might be interested. It looks like junk to me, but who knows.

look up Fernando Ocampo in Los Angeles on Facebook market.

$300

[][][][]  Content-Id: <attach_0_15DABABB3C9DD52B_6724@groups.io>

Dave Dugas

Jay

Upon closer inspection I now see both plug and mold.

[...]

Me too, I had not looked close enough to see the plug.
I have seen pictures of these molds many years back. The price is quite fair.
Charlie

At 12:00 PM 11/26/2019 -0500, you wrote:
Jay
Upon closer inspection I now see both plug and mold.

Martin Skiby

Looks like the real deal team. Someone (not me) should grab these.

Martin

On Nov 26, 2019, at 9:11 AM, charlie <ffmd@vermontel.net> wrote:

Me too, I had not looked close enough to see the plug.
I have seen pictures of these molds many years back. The price is quite fair.
Charlie

At 12:00 PM 11/26/2019 -0500, you wrote:
Jay
Upon closer inspection I now see both plug and mold.

Matthew Curcio

i just sent him an offer (asking price). That's a short drive for me and I've been thinking for a while it'd be great to have some spares.

Looks like the real deal team.  Someone (not me) should grab these.

Martin
> On Nov 26, 2019, at 9:11 AM, charlie <ffmd@...> wrote:
>
> Me too, I had not looked close enough to see the plug.
> I have seen pictures of these molds many years back. The price is quite fair.
> Charlie
>
> At 12:00 PM 11/26/2019 -0500, you wrote:
>> Jay
>> Upon closer inspection I now see both plug and mold.

Martin Skiby

Great to hear!

Martin

i just sent him an offer (asking price). That's a short drive for me and I've been thinking for a while it'd be great to have some spares.

Looks like the real deal team.  Someone (not me) should grab these.

Martin
> On Nov 26, 2019, at 9:11 AM, charlie <ffmd@...> wrote:
>
> Me too, I had not looked close enough to see the plug.
> I have seen pictures of these molds many years back. The price is quite fair.
> Charlie
>
> At 12:00 PM 11/26/2019 -0500, you wrote:
>> Jay
>> Upon closer inspection I now see both plug and mold.

Rob de Bie

Here are three photos that I once found, showing the molds as used by CoDevCo aka Leg-Air (as far as I know) for Quickie production. Maybe the LA molds are the same?

Rob

At 14:52 26 11 2019, you wrote:
I ran across this the other day and thought someone might be interested. It looks like junk to me, but who knows.

look up Fernando Ocampo in Los Angeles on Facebook market.

$300

Matthew Curcio

I think there are a number of mild sets out there. I’m guessing they built a few molds and then had people in the area building from them.

Matthew Curcio
419-290-3773

At 14:52 26 11 2019, you wrote:
I ran across this the other day and thought someone might be interested. It looks like junk to me, but who knows.

look up Fernando Ocampo in Los Angeles on Facebook market.

$300

<Q2-Q200 004.jpg>
<Q2-Q200 005.jpg>
<Q2-Q200.jpg>

Richard Kaczmarek 3RD

Those molds are going to take a lot of work since they have been sitting outside in the CA sun for many years. As for making spares no one has ever been willing to pay for them. We acquired one of the other mold sets from Dan years ago and not one pulled a part for a customer. We have finally conceded to the advice from one of the members of the group and have now listed EVERYTHING we have related to the Q and Dragonfly on Ebay. What doesn't sell before January 2 will head to the landfill and we will just take it as a write off and I will lick my wound from investing so much time and money into a dream we could not make come true. Until people quit being cheap and expect everything for nothing these designs will die. Steve Glover came to the same conclusion with the KR this year as well.

Richard

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019, 2:05 PM Matthew Curcio <mlcurcio89@...> wrote:
I think there are a number of mild sets out there. I’m guessing they built a few molds and then had people in the area building from them.

Matthew Curcio
419-290-3773
> On Nov 26, 2019, at 11:03, Rob de Bie <robdebie@...> wrote:
>
> Here are three photos that I once found, showing the molds as used by CoDevCo aka Leg-Air (as far as I know) for Quickie production. Maybe the LA molds are the same?
>
> Rob
>
> At 14:52 26 11 2019, you wrote:
>> I ran across this the other day and thought someone might be interested. It looks like junk to me, but who knows.
>>
>> look up Fernando Ocampo in Los Angeles on Facebook market.
>>
>> $300

> <Q2-Q200 004.jpg>
> <Q2-Q200 005.jpg>
> <Q2-Q200.jpg>

skyguynca

what is it all listed under? I searched ebay and could not find anything

David

On Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 11:16:43 AM PST, Richard Kaczmarek 3RD <fastlittleairplanes@...> wrote:

Those molds are going to take a lot of work since they have been sitting outside in the CA sun for many years. As for making spares no one has ever been willing to pay for them. We acquired one of the other mold sets from Dan years ago and not one pulled a part for a customer. We have finally conceded to the advice from one of the members of the group and have now listed EVERYTHING we have related to the Q and Dragonfly on Ebay. What doesn't sell before January 2 will head to the landfill and we will just take it as a write off and I will lick my wound from investing so much time and money into a dream we could not make come true. Until people quit being cheap and expect everything for nothing these designs will die. Steve Glover came to the same conclusion with the KR this year as well.

Richard

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019, 2:05 PM Matthew Curcio <mlcurcio89@...> wrote:
I think there are a number of mild sets out there. I’m guessing they built a few molds and then had people in the area building from them.

Matthew Curcio
419-290-3773
> On Nov 26, 2019, at 11:03, Rob de Bie <robdebie@...> wrote:
>
> Here are three photos that I once found, showing the molds as used by CoDevCo aka Leg-Air (as far as I know) for Quickie production. Maybe the LA molds are the same?
>
> Rob
>
> At 14:52 26 11 2019, you wrote:
>> I ran across this the other day and thought someone might be interested. It looks like junk to me, but who knows.
>>
>> look up Fernando Ocampo in Los Angeles on Facebook market.
>>
>> $300

> <Q2-Q200 004.jpg>
> <Q2-Q200 005.jpg>
> <Q2-Q200.jpg>

Richard Kaczmarek 3RD

It's under Ebay Motors aircraft

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019, 2:33 PM skyguynca via Groups.Io <skyguynca=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
what is it all listed under? I searched ebay and could not find anything

David

On Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 11:16:43 AM PST, Richard Kaczmarek 3RD <fastlittleairplanes@...> wrote:

Those molds are going to take a lot of work since they have been sitting outside in the CA sun for many years. As for making spares no one has ever been willing to pay for them. We acquired one of the other mold sets from Dan years ago and not one pulled a part for a customer. We have finally conceded to the advice from one of the members of the group and have now listed EVERYTHING we have related to the Q and Dragonfly on Ebay. What doesn't sell before January 2 will head to the landfill and we will just take it as a write off and I will lick my wound from investing so much time and money into a dream we could not make come true. Until people quit being cheap and expect everything for nothing these designs will die. Steve Glover came to the same conclusion with the KR this year as well.

Richard

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019, 2:05 PM Matthew Curcio <mlcurcio89@...> wrote:
I think there are a number of mild sets out there. I’m guessing they built a few molds and then had people in the area building from them.

Matthew Curcio
419-290-3773
> On Nov 26, 2019, at 11:03, Rob de Bie <robdebie@...> wrote:
>
> Here are three photos that I once found, showing the molds as used by CoDevCo aka Leg-Air (as far as I know) for Quickie production. Maybe the LA molds are the same?
>
> Rob
>
> At 14:52 26 11 2019, you wrote:
>> I ran across this the other day and thought someone might be interested. It looks like junk to me, but who knows.
>>
>> look up Fernando Ocampo in Los Angeles on Facebook market.
>>
>> $300

> <Q2-Q200 004.jpg>
> <Q2-Q200 005.jpg>
> <Q2-Q200.jpg>

Dragonfly Russell

On Nov 26, 2019, at 1:37 PM, Richard Kaczmarek 3RD <fastlittleairplanes@...> wrote:

It's under Ebay Motors aircraft

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019, 2:33 PM skyguynca via Groups.Io <skyguynca=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
what is it all listed under? I searched ebay and could not find anything

David

On Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 11:16:43 AM PST, Richard Kaczmarek 3RD <fastlittleairplanes@...> wrote:

Those molds are going to take a lot of work since they have been sitting outside in the CA sun for many years. As for making spares no one has ever been willing to pay for them. We acquired one of the other mold sets from Dan years ago and not one pulled a part for a customer. We have finally conceded to the advice from one of the members of the group and have now listed EVERYTHING we have related to the Q and Dragonfly on Ebay. What doesn't sell before January 2 will head to the landfill and we will just take it as a write off and I will lick my wound from investing so much time and money into a dream we could not make come true. Until people quit being cheap and expect everything for nothing these designs will die. Steve Glover came to the same conclusion with the KR this year as well.

Richard

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019, 2:05 PM Matthew Curcio <mlcurcio89@...> wrote:
I think there are a number of mild sets out there. I’m guessing they built a few molds and then had people in the area building from them.

Matthew Curcio
419-290-3773
> On Nov 26, 2019, at 11:03, Rob de Bie <robdebie@...> wrote:
>
> Here are three photos that I once found, showing the molds as used by CoDevCo aka Leg-Air (as far as I know) for Quickie production. Maybe the LA molds are the same?
>
> Rob
>
> At 14:52 26 11 2019, you wrote:
>> I ran across this the other day and thought someone might be interested. It looks like junk to me, but who knows.
>>
>> look up Fernando Ocampo in Los Angeles on Facebook market.
>>
>> $300

> <Q2-Q200 004.jpg>
> <Q2-Q200 005.jpg>
> <Q2-Q200.jpg>

skyguynca

still no luck
how are the parts listed?
seller ebay ID ?

these are all searchable but as q or dragonfly nothing

David

On Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 11:37:52 AM PST, Richard Kaczmarek 3RD <fastlittleairplanes@...> wrote:

It's under Ebay Motors aircraft

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019, 2:33 PM skyguynca via Groups.Io <skyguynca=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
what is it all listed under? I searched ebay and could not find anything

David

On Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 11:16:43 AM PST, Richard Kaczmarek 3RD <fastlittleairplanes@...> wrote:

Those molds are going to take a lot of work since they have been sitting outside in the CA sun for many years. As for making spares no one has ever been willing to pay for them. We acquired one of the other mold sets from Dan years ago and not one pulled a part for a customer. We have finally conceded to the advice from one of the members of the group and have now listed EVERYTHING we have related to the Q and Dragonfly on Ebay. What doesn't sell before January 2 will head to the landfill and we will just take it as a write off and I will lick my wound from investing so much time and money into a dream we could not make come true. Until people quit being cheap and expect everything for nothing these designs will die. Steve Glover came to the same conclusion with the KR this year as well.

Richard

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019, 2:05 PM Matthew Curcio <mlcurcio89@...> wrote:
I think there are a number of mild sets out there. I’m guessing they built a few molds and then had people in the area building from them.

Matthew Curcio
419-290-3773
> On Nov 26, 2019, at 11:03, Rob de Bie <robdebie@...> wrote:
>
> Here are three photos that I once found, showing the molds as used by CoDevCo aka Leg-Air (as far as I know) for Quickie production. Maybe the LA molds are the same?
>
> Rob
>
> At 14:52 26 11 2019, you wrote:
>> I ran across this the other day and thought someone might be interested. It looks like junk to me, but who knows.
>>
>> look up Fernando Ocampo in Los Angeles on Facebook market.
>>
>> $300

> <Q2-Q200 004.jpg>
> <Q2-Q200 005.jpg>
> <Q2-Q200.jpg>

skyguynca

Thanks, got it

On Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 11:40:30 AM PST, Dragonfly Russell <russellaustin@...> wrote:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Quickie-aircraft-projects-and-tooling/333412899718?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3D775cff52e90d4619a2b90718e9e2fd6c%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D333412899718%26itm%3D333412899718%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2380057&_trksid=p2380057.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3A7d565a78-1084-11ea-aa78-74dbd1807b49%7Cparentrq%3Aa93a013516e0a4e8e09f66f1ffe255fe%7Ciid%3A1

It’s still listed as a package deal.

Russell Austin

On Nov 26, 2019, at 1:37 PM, Richard Kaczmarek 3RD <fastlittleairplanes@...> wrote:

It's under Ebay Motors aircraft

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019, 2:33 PM skyguynca via Groups.Io <skyguynca=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
what is it all listed under? I searched ebay and could not find anything

David

On Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 11:16:43 AM PST, Richard Kaczmarek 3RD <fastlittleairplanes@...> wrote:

Those molds are going to take a lot of work since they have been sitting outside in the CA sun for many years. As for making spares no one has ever been willing to pay for them. We acquired one of the other mold sets from Dan years ago and not one pulled a part for a customer. We have finally conceded to the advice from one of the members of the group and have now listed EVERYTHING we have related to the Q and Dragonfly on Ebay. What doesn't sell before January 2 will head to the landfill and we will just take it as a write off and I will lick my wound from investing so much time and money into a dream we could not make come true. Until people quit being cheap and expect everything for nothing these designs will die. Steve Glover came to the same conclusion with the KR this year as well.

Richard

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019, 2:05 PM Matthew Curcio <mlcurcio89@...> wrote:
I think there are a number of mild sets out there. I’m guessing they built a few molds and then had people in the area building from them.

Matthew Curcio
419-290-3773
> On Nov 26, 2019, at 11:03, Rob de Bie <robdebie@...> wrote:
>
> Here are three photos that I once found, showing the molds as used by CoDevCo aka Leg-Air (as far as I know) for Quickie production. Maybe the LA molds are the same?
>
> Rob
>
> At 14:52 26 11 2019, you wrote:
>> I ran across this the other day and thought someone might be interested. It looks like junk to me, but who knows.
>>
>> look up Fernando Ocampo in Los Angeles on Facebook market.
>>
>> $300

> <Q2-Q200 004.jpg>
> <Q2-Q200 005.jpg>
> <Q2-Q200.jpg>

charlie

If you want to sell everything it needs to be listed separately especially since you have essentially no sellers feedback.
I doubt there is anyone who would find that whole lot to be of value to them in this day and age.
If the Quickie aircraft had anything better than a minor cult following you might have a chance to sell but not in that one big batch.
I see parts in there of interest to me but since you are just going to destroy the whole lot due to some anger you carry for thinking you have a ton of gold, no one will touch this.
CN

At 02:16 PM 11/26/2019 -0500, you wrote:
What doesn't sell before January 2 will head to the landfill and we will just take it as a write off and I will lick my wound from investing so much time and money into a dream we could not make come true. Until people quit being cheap and expect everything for nothing these designs will die. Steve Glover came to the same conclusion with the KR this year as well.

RichardÂ