Topics

Brakes

Jim Patillo

Corbin,

This is the LaRue Mod on my plane. The entire Airheart assembly floats so the pucks stay centered on the disc. Yours appears to be stock. Meaning that the Airheart assembly is fixed. Do you have the original QAC plans for that set up? Those plans will show the required spacing.

Did this problem just happen?
Jim
N46JP - Q200

Corbin

Thanks Jim!  No, I don't have the original plans. This started happening a few months ago and I only noticed that it was catching the tire when I would pull the plane backwards.  Going forward, it seemed fine but now it seems to be rubbing either direction so I assume Martin is right and I got the spacer washers back incorrectly.

Corbin 

On March 26, 2020 at 5:42 PM, Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:

Corbin,

This is the LaRue Mod on my plane. The entire Airheart assembly floats so the pucks stay centered on the disc. Yours appears to be stock. Meaning that the Airheart assembly is fixed. Do you have the original QAC plans for that set up? Those plans will show the required spacing.

Jim
N46JP - Q200

--

Corbin 
N33QR

Jim Patillo

That would be my guess as well.
Jim

Sent from Outer Space

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Corbin via Groups.Io <c_geiser@...>
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2020 3:59:13 PM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Brakes

Thanks Jim!  No, I don't have the original plans. This started happening a few months ago and I only noticed that it was catching the tire when I would pull the plane backwards.  Going forward, it seemed fine but now it seems to be rubbing either direction so I assume Martin is right and I got the spacer washers back incorrectly.

Corbin 

On March 26, 2020 at 5:42 PM, Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:

Corbin,

Jim
N46JP - Q200

--

Corbin 
N33QR