Topics

QuIckie Q2 Project

Eugen Pilarski

Hello Quckie Group,

thank you very much for the add. I'm on my way to build an ASSO X-Ray based on the construction of Guiseppe Vidor. Please find some impression on my Flickr site: https://www.flickr.com/photos/aerobase/  The Airplane ist build up with Hemlock wood and is an 2 Seat side-by-side configuration they will power up with an BMW 1200 LC motorcycle engine with about 120hp. An engine that is use very often here in Europe mostly in Trike segment.

For the build i use a DIY CNC Mill with 3 axis with CAD/CAM and on the way is an DIY 5 axis cnc mill to build my own molds, just an example please follow the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koDYJIUCDGI    It is just a example for my DIY build..

So i come up with the Quickie Q2 during my buddy own a DragonFly and he try to get it in the air. After his request I create some 3D files for him on Autodesk Inventor 3D and bring it on the CNC mill too.

I get in touch with Quickheads where I buy a Q2 package , pay for it with PayPal and in the end I get nothing, ask the website owner couple times for support during use the contact button. Nothing show up. Paypal is involved in the case. .  I was at Forum Taurus, Forum Canard, on Dave Morris site, on https://imageevent.com/qdf_files/quickiefiles   , and on http://hiwaay.net/~bzwilson/dragonfly/drawings.html and on http://jdfinley.com/file-downloads/quickie-aircraft-documents/  and catch all files that are available. Include the Lessons learned paper.

So my investigation is on going, because I want to build up a 3D model of Quicke Q2 and start a homebuild project by use my own molds.

I ask some companys in the US that are owner of the mold for a set of fuselage, but they want a couple of money include the shipping to Germany that I will spend it in my own DIY 5 Axis CNC mill and material to produce my own molds.

If there is any one that are able to spend me the plans for the bulkhead and so on, I will share my DXF files with that community, for sure. Because is a mess that this wonderull piece of aircraft will Die if no one will catch up the plans, build up DXF files and safe for the further homebuilders.

Best regards form Germany

Eugen

Jay Scheevel

Hi Eugen,

To start with, I would suggest visiting Jon Finley’s site (http://jdfinley.com/file-downloads/quickie-aircraft-documents/)  to get copies of Q2/Q200 documents. He was kind enough to post these online years ago. The Quickhead site is off and on, but the current owner (jon Matcho) also operates the website: https://www.canardzone.com Try contacting him there and you may get a resolution to your order of plans kit from quickheads site.

Cheers,

Jay Scheevel, Tri-Q2 N8WQ

[...]

Hello Jay,

thank you very much for your note. The both website I visit already, the Canard and Jon site is listed in my investigation actions at my first email. They a tons of Information for some one that have already a Q2 in the air or are in current stage of restoration. So the data are already on my desk and double check, but in the end I need the Bulkheads scans to build up the 3D model of Fuselage.They are still missing on Jons site or the information are not clear or measurement are missing. That was the reason I choice to buy the Plans form Quickheads and on the other site to support the guys there.

In the canard forum I ask Jon Match with an PM message to support me, we will see what happened.

So I was still read the tons of information that are already placed here in that community , deep dive and spend much of my quality time, but I´m stil not really experienced to use a mailing list. Because that grow up in that time I start use Forum like the Canard or Quickheads style.

So it is a pleasure to get in touch with the community. Thank you.

Best regards from home office in Germany

Eugen

Jay Scheevel

HI Eugen,

Let me know if you are unsuccessful in locating the bulkhead templates. I still have my originals (original set from QAC in 1984) and can get them scanned for you, but I won’t spend the money to do that unless you are unsuccessful in your effort to get the ones you already paid for.

[...]

Hi Jay,

so far I got not any response from the Quickheads owner or my try with PM on canard forum about the plans for Quickie Q2 I pay for already. Well, how much it will be cost that you will go for a copy shop to make a scan of all the appendix sheet?

Eugen

Jon Matcho

Eugen,

I wrote you back on April 1 and manually sent your download link that same day.  Just today I received this email rejection message from your mail server (@gmx.net):

Action: failed
Final-Recipient: rfc822;interbus@...
Remote-MTA: dns; mx00.emig.gmx.net
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554-gmx.net (mxgmx014) Nemesis ESMTP Service not available
 554-No SMTP service
 554-Reject due to policy restrictions.

That's why you didn't receive ANY of my emails, including the system order download.

I'll be happy to send you your download link to a different email address.

Thanks,
Jon

Anthony Davis

I sent in the 99 dollars  got nothing

On Wednesday, April 8, 2020, 02:45:39 PM PDT, Jon Matcho <jonmatcho@...> wrote:

Eugen,

I wrote you back on April 1 and manually sent your download link that same day.  Just today I received this email rejection message from your mail server (@gmx.net):

Action: failed
Final-Recipient: rfc822;interbus@...
Remote-MTA: dns; mx00.emig.gmx.net
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554-gmx.net (mxgmx014) Nemesis ESMTP Service not available
 554-No SMTP service
 554-Reject due to policy restrictions.

That's why you didn't receive ANY of my emails, including the system order download.

I'll be happy to send you your download link to a different email address.

Thanks,
Jon

Anthony P

I signed up for Quickheads.com in the last two months and ordered the documentation package.
Got instant results and a nice bunch of files. Jon has been very helpful.
Jon Matcho is very active on Canard Zone and Quickheads and I'm sure he will help you out.

Just contact him through the website.