From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Martin Skiby
Sent: Thursday, April 09, 2020 11:24 AM
To: 'main@Q-List.groups.io' <main@Q-List.groups.io>
Subject: [Q-List] Q1 Project

My son is currently looking for a Q1 that is flying or close to it and needs some work.  He would like it for some testing of a new engine being developed locally.

Anyone have one they would let go reasonable?

Thanks

Kevin R. Walsh

That is Henry's Q1.  It was in Tehachapi, but last I heard it was moved to Mojave, and taxi testing had been completed.  It is NOT the same as the TWERP Q1 that Elliot had the emergency landing in.

There was a guy working on installing an electric motor in a Q1 (I think it was a university project) a few years ago. He had it in Tehachapi. Not sure if that was ever finished and/or is still there. Maybe that became the ill-fated twin jet Q1 at Mojave?  Maybe Mathew Curcio has some more updated news on whether that project may be available.

--
Kevin

Robert Cringely

That electric Q1 isn't a Q1, exactly. It's from Quickie founder Gene Sheehan and is a completely new design, all carbon fiber, and actually a bit smaller than a Q1. I doubt that it is for sale. MY Q1 is definitely not for sale.

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 10:28 AM Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

There was a guy working on installing an electric motor in a Q1 (I think it was a university project) a few years ago. He had it in Tehachapi. Not sure if that was ever finished and/or is still there. Maybe that became the ill-fated twin jet Q1 at Mojave?  Maybe Mathew Curcio has some more updated news on whether that project may be available.

My son is currently looking for a Q1 that is flying or close to it and needs some work.  He would like it for some testing of a new engine being developed locally.

Anyone have one they would let go reasonable?

Thanks

Jay Scheevel

No, that was diffferent. The Sheehan one actually flew in the electric challenge that the Pipestral won. The one I am thinking of was a standard construction Q1 and was at Tehachapi. Sheehans was constructed entirely at Mojave. Two different planes.

Jay

[...]

Tristan Vincent-Philpot

Maybe you’re thinking of Henry Hallam’s electric Q1. I’ve seen it taxi on a video somewhere. It’s all gone quiet recently. I hope it’s still progressing behind the scenes.
I also have a Q1 that is the basis of an electric version, not for sale either. Sorry.

Tristan

[...]

Just curious, could you tell us a little about the engine?

Martin Skiby

Keith,

My son is looking at installing a Pegasus 0100 in a Q1.  The engine is a completely engineered two cylinder engine that uses an 0200 accessory case and jugs.

[...]

Thanks Richard,  I will let Jason know.

We have relatives that way so may be a good road trip.

Does it have a removable tail or?

Can you send me a few pictures to my e-mail please.?

[...]

Jason my be reaching out to you also.