Spring Fling

Kevin Boddicker

Listers,
Bruce keeps gently prodding me, see his closing remark, to pick a date for the delayed Fling.
I am open.

Thoughts:
July 17,18, 19 would have been the WE before what would have been OSH.
July 17 - 21 with emphasis on the weekend, but stay as long as you can stand it.

I picked that time, as it would be the same time, as most planning to attend OSH would have time off. The next WE would be a rush to get home and back to work.

Remember work all you old retired BAST..DS?

So, Bruskiskavitch there you have it. Hope the attendance will be great!

It can’t rain for five days can it?

Plenty of motels in Decorah.

Super 8  older
Quality Inn older
Country Inn & Suites nice
Fairfield Inn new
Hotel Winneshiek (Downtown) very old, nostalgic, expensive but nice

Lets see a show of hands boys and girls.

Mike Dwyer, its only 1187' above sea level. Yesterday DA was 2200’.

Kevin Boddicker
TriQ 200 N7868B   512 hrs
Luana, IA.

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Bruce Crain" <jcrain2@...>
Subject: ADV: Re: [Q-List] Second Q-List Zoom meeting this coming Saturday, June 6 - featuring Sam Hoskins' Q-200
Date: June 6, 2020 at 3:45:07 PM CDT

Sorry I couldn’t’t catch the Zoom meet but I did jump on YouTube!  Had a funeral for an “old friend” (who was actually younger than me).
Great job Sammy!  Your perseverance is unmatched as well as your speed in rebuilding and airspeed!
Hope to see you in July!
Bruski

Paul Fisher

I'll be there, although I have no idea what this "work" thing is of which you speak!

Paul

From: "Bruce Crain" <jcrain2@...>
Date: June 6, 2020 at 3:45:07 PM CDT

Sorry I couldn’t’t catch the Zoom meet but I did jump on YouTube!  Had a funeral for an “old friend” (who was actually younger than me).
Great job Sammy!  Your perseverance is unmatched as well as your speed in rebuilding and airspeed!
Hope to see you in July!
Bruski

Jay Scheevel

Hi Kevin,

I think that I will try to make it. On planning a route, I see that Broken Bow is pretty much on the way for me. I wonder if Lynn is planning on coming? If so, maybe we could fly together. If Bruce wants to fly a little out of his way, maybe he could meet us both there and we could fly in as a Tri-ship of Tri-Q’s

From: "Bruce Crain" <jcrain2@...>

Date: June 6, 2020 at 3:45:07 PM CDT

Sorry I couldn’t’t catch the Zoom meet but I did jump on YouTube!  Had a funeral for an “old friend” (who was actually younger than me).

Great job Sammy!  Your perseverance is unmatched as well as your speed in rebuilding and airspeed!

Hope to see you in July!

Bruski

Jerry Marstall <jnmarstall@...>

It's written on the outhouse wall. J

From: "Bruce Crain" <jcrain2@...>
Date: June 6, 2020 at 3:45:07 PM CDT

Sorry I couldn’t’t catch the Zoom meet but I did jump on YouTube!  Had a funeral for an “old friend” (who was actually younger than me).
Great job Sammy!  Your perseverance is unmatched as well as your speed in rebuilding and airspeed!
Hope to see you in July!
Bruski

Mike Dwyer

You guys would get reported to the Airforce as an alien invasion!

Mike Dwyer

YouTube Videos: https://goo.gl/yKEHfK
Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF

From: "Bruce Crain" <jcrain2@...>

Date: June 6, 2020 at 3:45:07 PM CDT

Sorry I couldn’t’t catch the Zoom meet but I did jump on YouTube!  Had a funeral for an “old friend” (who was actually younger than me).

Great job Sammy!  Your perseverance is unmatched as well as your speed in rebuilding and airspeed!

Hope to see you in July!

Bruski

Corbin

Very likely!  That reminds me of a fun experience back when I was bringing mine home from California.  We were down low under a layer and cutting between two MOA’s in Oklahoma somewhere.  On ForeFlight, I notice three jets a few miles off our right wing.  Then they disappeared from FF.   A minute later, they swoop behind us and make a climbing right turn just in front of us.  It was the closest I’ve ever been to another plane in flight.  We could see one of the pilots holding up his mobile device to record us.  Guess they thought we were as interesting looking as we thought they were.

We definitely looked alien like and I would love to see that footage one day.

Corbin

From: "Bruce Crain" <jcrain2@...>

Date: June 6, 2020 at 3:45:07 PM CDT

--

Corbin
N33QR

Lynn French

I would love to come out that weekend and am going to put it on my calendar. But as Kevin can attest, I am not very reliable. If the weather lined up for many other reasons such that I can bail out for a while then I will plan the trip.
LF.

Short & simple from my mobile

From: "Bruce Crain" <jcrain2@...>

Date: June 6, 2020 at 3:45:07 PM CDT

Sorry I couldn’t’t catch the Zoom meet but I did jump on YouTube!  Had a funeral for an “old friend” (who was actually younger than me).

Great job Sammy!  Your perseverance is unmatched as well as your speed in rebuilding and airspeed!

Hope to see you in July!

Bruski

John Hoxie

Broken Bow, Oklahoma or Nebraska?

From: "Bruce Crain" <jcrain2@...>

Date: June 6, 2020 at 3:45:07 PM CDT

Sorry I couldn’t’t catch the Zoom meet but I did jump on YouTube!  Had a funeral for an “old friend” (who was actually younger than me).

Great job Sammy!  Your perseverance is unmatched as well as your speed in rebuilding and airspeed!

Hope to see you in July!

Bruski

John Hoxie

Kevin or someone,

Please remind us what airport the summer fling is at.

John Hoxie
He is no fool, who gives up what he can not keep, to gain what he can not loose -- Jim Elliot

From: "Bruce Crain" <jcrain2@...>
Date: June 6, 2020 at 3:45:07 PM CDT

Sorry I couldn’t’t catch the Zoom meet but I did jump on YouTube!  Had a funeral for an “old friend” (who was actually younger than me).
Great job Sammy!  Your perseverance is unmatched as well as your speed in rebuilding and airspeed!
Hope to see you in July!
Bruski

Jay Scheevel

Sounds good, Lynn. So both of us are penciled in for a definite “maybe”.

From: "Bruce Crain" <jcrain2@...>

Date: June 6, 2020 at 3:45:07 PM CDT

Sorry I couldn’t’t catch the Zoom meet but I did jump on YouTube!  Had a funeral for an “old friend” (who was actually younger than me).

Great job Sammy!  Your perseverance is unmatched as well as your speed in rebuilding and airspeed!

Hope to see you in July!

Bruski

Paul Fisher

Kevin will probably speak up, but the Spring Fling will be at the Decorah Iowa airport, identifier KDEH in northeast Iowa.

I hope that helps.

Paul

From: "Bruce Crain" <jcrain2@...>
Date: June 6, 2020 at 3:45:07 PM CDT

Sorry I couldn’t’t catch the Zoom meet but I did jump on YouTube!  Had a funeral for an “old friend” (who was actually younger than me).
Great job Sammy!  Your perseverance is unmatched as well as your speed in rebuilding and airspeed!
Hope to see you in July!
Bruski

Bruce Crain

Hi Jay!
Say a couple of observations.  If I flew to Broken Bow, NE it would make my trip an extra 200 miles.  Not sure if Honey Lamb would tolerate that or not.  She want to go with me.  heart
Also I am a bit squeamish of flying formation with anyone that doesn't have experience.  Just an "old bold" thought.  I am sure Jerry could verify that with his experience in the military.
Bruce

From: "Bruce Crain" <jcrain2@...>

Date: June 6, 2020 at 3:45:07 PM CDT

Sorry I couldn’t’t catch the Zoom meet but I did jump on YouTube!  Had a funeral for an “old friend” (who was actually younger than me).

Great job Sammy!  Your perseverance is unmatched as well as your speed in rebuilding and airspeed!

Hope to see you in July!

Bruski

Jay Scheevel

Totally understand, Bruce. I thought you were travelling alone, and I would not want to risk Honey Lamb backing out.

Also, your definition of formation flying is probably more like Jerry’s. My definition is that I can still sort of see you, enough to stay in the same township!

From: "Bruce Crain" <jcrain2@...>

Date: June 6, 2020 at 3:45:07 PM CDT

Sorry I couldn’t’t catch the Zoom meet but I did jump on YouTube!  Had a funeral for an “old friend” (who was actually younger than me).

Great job Sammy!  Your perseverance is unmatched as well as your speed in rebuilding and airspeed!

Hope to see you in July!

Bruski

Bruce Crain

Sweet!
I have only one thing to fix on the TriQ 200 N96BJ and that is a tach coming this week and I am pumped and ready!  I like the extra days (July 17-21)  to stick around if WX doesn't cooperate.  And like Paul I don't have to hit the time clock but Honey Lamb might need to ask for a few extra days.  Honey Lamb doubles as my "Sugar Mamma" so she works a bit.Yes I am truly a blessed man!
On a side note Alan Thayer has been "prodding" me for info on the "Field Of Dreams" event and info.  I will try to get myself together and see if I can make that happen.  So stay tuned folks for a future post

Sufficiently Prodded Bruce Crain

From: "Bruce Crain" <jcrain2@...>
Date: June 6, 2020 at 3:45:07 PM CDT

Sorry I couldn’t’t catch the Zoom meet but I did jump on YouTube!  Had a funeral for an “old friend” (who was actually younger than me).
Great job Sammy!  Your perseverance is unmatched as well as your speed in rebuilding and airspeed!
Hope to see you in July!
Bruski

Kevin Boddicker

John,