Brian Martinez

Bruce Crain

Say I heard from Gene Knapp that Brian Martinez has passed away. Someone has picked up his Defiante to finish it from Phoenix I believe. That is all the info I have. He had a great looking Q200 and came to a few of the Field Of Dreams events in the past. Will be greatly missed!
Bruce Crain

Corbin

I noticed someone hauled the Defiant from Phoenix.  Sorry to hear about Brian.

Corbin Ge!ser

On June 14, 2020 at 3:30 PM, Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:

Say I heard from Gene Knapp that Brian Martinez has passed away. Someone has picked up his Defiante to finish it from Phoenix I believe. That is all the info I have. He had a great looking Q200 and came to a few of the Field Of Dreams events in the past. Will be greatly missed!

Corbin
N33QR

Sam Hoskins

That is sad about Brian. We had a couple of long conversations about Quickies, he was a smart fellow and I liked him.

Yes, I saw that Joe Coraggio bought the Defiant. I've known Joe for a long time through the AirVenture Cup races.

Sam

On Sun, Jun 14, 2020, 3:30 PM Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:
Say I heard from Gene Knapp that Brian Martinez has passed away.  Someone has picked up his Defiante to finish it from Phoenix I believe.  That is all the info I have.  He had a great looking Q200 and came to a few of the Field Of Dreams events in the past.  Will be greatly missed!

I hope to see his Defiant when Joe finishes it.  Brian was pretty detail oriented.  He had also done a ton of work on his house that was at Rosemond Airport I believe.
Bruce

On Jun 14, 2020, at 4:34 PM, Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:

That is sad about Brian. We had a couple of long conversations about Quickies, he was a smart fellow and I liked him.

Yes, I saw that Joe Coraggio bought the Defiant. I've known Joe for a long time through the AirVenture Cup races.

Sam

On Sun, Jun 14, 2020, 3:30 PM Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:
Say I heard from Gene Knapp that Brian Martinez has passed away.  Someone has picked up his Defiante to finish it from Phoenix I believe.  That is all the info I have.  He had a great looking Q200 and came to a few of the Field Of Dreams events in the past.  Will be greatly missed!
Bruce Crain

stevebrendaodle@...

I recently saw a fixed  gear Defiant for sale mentioned somewhere,  was that this Defiant.
I need info on the fixed front gear.
A contact would help.
Steve Odle

If you do nothing right, you will do nothing wrong.

On Sun, Jun 14, 2020, 6:25 PM Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:
[...]

Richard Kaczmarek 3RD

Joe did get the Defiant home safely and will be a great care taker for it. If you ever seen his beautiful lady Betty ( Longeze ) you know Joe is a great craftsman.

Richard

[...]

Martin Skiby

Oh my gosh!  Any idea of the cause?  My son and I met him some times ago and looked at his Q200 and Defiant project.  Super nice guy.  This is very sad news.

Martin

On Jun 14, 2020, at 2:34 PM, Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:

That is sad about Brian. We had a couple of long conversations about Quickies, he was a smart fellow and I liked him.

Yes, I saw that Joe Coraggio bought the Defiant. I've known Joe for a long time through the AirVenture Cup races.

Sam

On Sun, Jun 14, 2020, 3:30 PM Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:
Say I heard from Gene Knapp that Brian Martinez has passed away.  Someone has picked up his Defiante to finish it from Phoenix I believe.  That is all the info I have.  He had a great looking Q200 and came to a few of the Field Of Dreams events in the past.  Will be greatly missed!
Bruce Crain

John Nate

Hi Steve:

I have heard that Brian used the Lancair nose gear and Engine mount but cannot 100% guarantee that.  I would love to know for certain (along with price and availability) as I am thinking of using a fixed nose gear on my Defiant as well.

John Nate

John Nate

I contacted Joe, who said that the nose gear actually is a retractable nose gear of Brian’s own design. He engineered the strut and made it. The only “stock” part is the Lancair IV nose gear fork.

John Nate

stevebrendaodle@...

Thanks guys, I appreciate the replies and pics.
Any other info or contacts also appreciated.
As of now my front gear is fixed , from a 177 spam can.
I Anglo engineered it onto the firewall with 4130 tube,sheet and reinforced the firewall and floor with ?8 plys?
of biaxial cloth, 20 years ago! , so , best my 66 year old brain remembers .