Minor Milestone

Jay Scheevel

Went up for a flight this morning while it was still relatively cool. (it is 105F outside now). The cool take off was an illusion, since we have an inversion and OAT actually rose as I went higher up to 3000 AGL. I am able to do a cruise climb of about 250 fpm while indicating 115-120, so that is good for cooling, and everything is running very well, so no major concerns.

Anyway, landed and shut down with 100.1 hours showing on the Hobbs. Not much for you high-timers, but passing the hundred hour mark seems significant to me.

Cheers,
Jay Tri-Q2 N8WQ, 100 hours

Shaun Milke <shaun_milke@...> wrote:

I’m selling the firewall forward portion of my Q200 as I‘m converting to a different kind of engine.  I flew the airplane 30 hours from Toledo to Anchorage two years ago then found structural issues that caused me to store it until I could take it on as a project. I’d like to sell the whole thing as essentially a bolt on and run package for someone’s project. The only items that won’t be included are propeller (found dry rot crack in hub of Prince prop) and carburetor (removed and used as a core return for one of my other birds). The engine, accessories, exhaust, cowling, baffling, prop spacer, spinner, oil cooler, induction ducting, cabin/carb heaters, etc will be included.  The whole installation was done with minimal deviation to the Q200 plans and the engine is a stock but experiment O-200 (580 smoh by Ly-con).  Pics and logs available on request, I’m asking $14,000 obo for the package and may be willing to eventually sell the engine separately if I can’t find a buyer for the entire FWF.

Thanks,
Shaun

Pat Weaver

Congratulations! It's a milestone to me! Just getting around for my first flight. 😁

On Sat, Jul 11, 2020, 7:27 PM Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:
[...]

Paul Fisher

Congratulations Jay!  It's a great accomplishment.  Keep at it.

Paul

On Sat, Jul 11, 2020, 18:27 Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:
[...]

Jim Patillo

I second what Paul said. That is a great accomplishment Jay. Especially at the altitude and densities you operate in.  Well done.

Now just keep an eye on those little Gremlins👍 Really keep an eye on fuel filters as the glass work inside the tank is still shedding.

Jim
N46JP Q200

Sent from Outer Space

[...]

Jon Finley

It is significant! Congratulations Jay!!

Jon Finley

Somewhere in the Southwest flying an RV-4

--
Jon Finley
Somewhere in the Southwest flying an RV-4

Jerry Marstall <jnmarstall@...>

I remember breaking the century mark. I too thought it a big deal - because it is.  Now I am closing in on 1000hrs (100 to go).  Another big deal to me.  Old news to the likes of Sam, Paul and some others.

Beware. According to stats, you have become at risk.  Stay vigilant.
Congrats! Jerry

[...]

Kevin Boddicker

Good on ya Jay!
I remember all of those 100 hour milestones. All five of them.

Kevin

On Jul 11, 2020, at 6:27 PM, Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

[...]

Bruce Crain

Excellent Jay!  It really is a remarkable Aircraft!
Bruce

On Jul 12, 2020, at 7:31 AM, Kevin Boddicker <trumanst@...> wrote:

[...]

Richard Thomson

    Well done Jay !!

On 12/07/2020 00:27, Jay Scheevel wrote:
[...]

Thanks Bruce! I have a surprise to show you if I make it to Kevin’s shindig. Are you still planning on going? I am planning on going if weather permits.

[...]

Smarty pants!  I will keep plugging along, Kevin.

[...]

Thanks Jim and Paul. I will keep a close eye on things, Jim. I have had the filters off twice. Nothing in them yet, but I sloshed both tanks before installing them, so that probably reduced the loose debris to a certain extent.

[...]

Thanks Jon,

Hope to see you in Enid.

[...]

Thanks Jerry! By the time I reach your age….. 😊

[...]

Thanks Richard,

Keep us posted on your progress towards first flight.