Video of Field of Dreams 2019!

millenniumflier@...

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all are doing well. Yesterday, I sent out an e-mail to the Q List, but it seems that very few received it, I just talked with a few friends and they have no trace of anything from me on the Q List yesterday, so I’m re-sending this, in the hopes that it will get through ok, as some messages don’t seem to go through, or if they do, they wind up in your spam folder. I wanted to let everyone know that I have been working hard on editing together all the video footage that I took at our Field of Dreams event last year in Enid, and finally have a really nice presentation to share. In the past, I had made professional quality DVD sets, complete with a nice case, graphics, motion menus, and even spread over two discs, but all these years later, I’m not sure who might even still have DVD players around. I do, but then I guess I’m a dinosaur! So I am posting the video on YouTube, it’s free for the whole world to see, and no worries about getting a bad disc in the mail, or region mis-matches, or sending me a check and all….

It came out to just over an hour and a half, and is a nice encapsulation of the fun, food and fellowship that we shared last September in Enid. I was able to retain most of our big Saturday night Banquet proceedings, though that alone, ran well over 3 hours. But the history that Jim Masal shared of our organization is priceless, and that made the cut. As an actor/filmmaker, I have learned that less is more, yet there is still a story to be told, so I hope everyone enjoys it.

Again, I hope you get this, and if you can take a look at it, please do let me know if you experience any issues, like sync problems, gaps, stupid ads, and I’ll try to get back to YouTube on those. It took almost 8 hours alone to upload and process, so there could be some hiccups, but I wanted it in hi-def, so I hope will look good to you. My final edited version that did finally get uploaded seemed to play fine. Stream it if you can to your big-screen TV, it should look great! Please feel free to leave comments too! Especially, I guess, let me know if you were able get the YouTube link below and if it works, thanks!

I wanted it to be a nice reminder of the time we spent together last year, and for those who weren’t able to attend, I hope the video will help you think about trying to make our next event and will serve as a shot-in-the-arm for you to keep building. We always come away refreshed, encouraged and re-vitalized as builders and flyers!

https://youtu.be/sT5FmhNc_wc

Enjoy and let me know how y’all like it!

Be safe out there, and fly safe,

Alan Thayer

Quickie 1, Q-2, LongEZ,

Livermore, CA

Dragonfly Russell

Thank you for putting in the time and making this available to everyone, Alan.

The gathering was a great time!  I’m looking forward to watching the video. Next time I’ll know to avoid your camera!! 😁

Russell Austin

On Jul 15, 2020, at 12:12 AM, millenniumflier via groups.io <millenniumflier@...> wrote:

[...]

Ha, ha!  Thanks, Russell!  :-)   Do hope you'll enjoy it.. and yeah, you actually got a couple of cameo appearances in it too!

Alan

[...]

britmcman99

Hello Alan:

Thanks. I got it.

Phil

On Jul 14, 2020, at 10:23 PM, millenniumflier via groups.io <millenniumflier@...> wrote:

[...]

Fantastic, thanks for letting me know, Phil!  Hope you enjoy it!

Alan

[...]

Mike Dwyer

Hi Alan.
I did get the first email.  I've watched about half of the video.  Wow, it's a full length film!  Thanks for sharing!

Ps, I use a YouTube add blocker so I don't get to see all the adds that YouTube is famous for.
Mike

On Wed, Jul 15, 2020, 1:12 AM millenniumflier via groups.io <millenniumflier=netscape.net@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Corbin

It is not a monetized account so there shouldn't be any ads at all.

Corbin Ge!ser

--

Corbin
N33QR

millenniumflier@...

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the good word, it seemed that so many hadn't gotten the previous version, and what with url's being detected as spam,  i thought i'd give it another shot, glad that something did get through on the List!  I haven't tried an ad blocker yet, but yeah, on YouTube, those ads are legion!  Might be something for me to think about, trust me, all those ads do mount up to a lot of one's time.

Really glad you are enjoying it so far, yes, i really tried to include everything we did that weekend, yet paring it down to a tolerable, and hopefully enjoyable level.  Jim Masal was in rare form!  I'm an actor, so yeah, i know about full-length feature films... and the editing rule of an hour of editing for one minute of finished product applies even to documentaries.... but it was very satisfying to do.

So, will we see you in September for the 30th?  Hope so!  Thanks again, Mike!

[...]

Yep, thanks, Corbin!

Alan

[...]

Rick Hole

Both messages arrived.  I watched part of the video but was interrupted.  looking forward to the rest of it.  Well done!
Rick Hole

On Tue, Jul 14, 2020, 11:12 PM millenniumflier via groups.io <millenniumflier=netscape.net@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

John Hoxie

Alan,
I also took video there of conversations with a couple guys. I will upload it to the cloud this morning & send you the link so you can add this to your video if you want.

On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 7:05 AM, Rick Hole
<r.hole@...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks, Rick!  Interesting...  glad you got both messages...  and thanks for the encouragement!  Hope you enjoy the rest of it too!  :-)

Thanks again,

Alan

[...]

Hey, John, thanks!  Good to know that we have another videographer in our midst too!  :-)  Sure, i would love to see the footage you got, that would be great!

See you soon for our 30th event, hopefully!

<r.hole@...> wrote:
[...]

I didn't receive it yesterday either. I will upload my pictures & video to DropBox and send the link (which lasts about a week) to this group I took at Field of Dreams. I'm looking forward to watching your video today, Alan. Alan, are you going to the Fling this week?

On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 7:19 AM, millenniumflier via groups.io
<millenniumflier@...> wrote:
[...]

Just finished your awesome video Alan! Thanx for all the work.

John Hoxie
He is no fool, who gives up what he can not keep, to gain what he can not loose -- Jim Elliot

<millenniumflier@...> wrote:
[...]

Hey John, many thanks for the good words, grateful you enjoyed it!  Glad it played well for you!

Thanks again,

Blessings,

Alan