From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> on behalf of Mike Dwyer <q200pilot@...>
Sent: Monday, July 20, 2020 5:43:41 PM
To: Q_List <Q-List@groups.io>
Subject: [Q-List] Q200 Tampa Bay FL

Just a picture.

Bruce Crain

Beautiful pic Mike!  You  must have been up pretty early!
 Bruce

From: "Jim Patillo" <Logistics_engineering@...>
To: "main@Q-List.groups.io" <main@Q-List.groups.io>, Q_List <Q-List@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Q200 Tampa Bay FL
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2020 01:01:37 +0000

Sam Hoskins

I think I once saw 230 mph TAS, going down hill. Made me nervous.

Sam

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020, 8:01 PM Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:
Just another picture.

Note the max speed (right upper corner) I ever got N46JP to was in 2015.

256K - 294.6 mph! This was on a trip from the SF Bay Area to my home in Auburn. The plane tightened up, no flutter, smooth ride. Of course “I was going down the hill, going 90 miles an hour, when the chain in my bicycle broke” do da do da. Keep on buildin’
guys!

Anybody ever had a Q frame go faster? If so, please speak up.

Jim
N46JP Q200
Sent from Outer Space

I have an old email from Paul Spackman talking about flight testing his Jabiru engine. He tested to 250 knotts in a descent. He was in Wyoming & did most of his flying around 8000 feet. This was probably indicated or calibrated, but he didn't specify.

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 8:23 PM, Sam Hoskins
<sam.hoskins@...> wrote:
I think I once saw 230 mph TAS, going down hill. Made me nervous.

Sam

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020, 8:01 PM Jim Patillo <Logistics_engineering@...> wrote:
Just another picture.

Note the max speed (right upper corner) I ever got N46JP to was in 2015.

256K - 294.6 mph! This was on a trip from the SF Bay Area to my home in Auburn. The plane tightened up, no flutter, smooth ride. Of course “I was going down the hill, going 90 miles an hour, when the chain in my bicycle broke” do da do da. Keep on buildin’
guys!

Anybody ever had a Q frame go faster? If so, please speak up.

Jim
N46JP Q200 Image.jpeg
Sent from Outer Space