Reflexor and elevator control tubes

Kevin Boddicker

Richard,
You had asked about the reflexor and elevator push pull tubes and adjustment for roll trim.
I will attempt to attach some pics for you.

Reflexor installed. The aluminum holds the cookie in the ring, and applies the friction to keep it in place. The bolt at the top is a b-nut that captures the control wire. the control is a veneer cable in the cockpit.
The stainless cable is for the rudder.

Elevator control rods. If you look closely, you can see the friction tube that is on the left control rod. Just a piece of clear tube. The ID is tight on the metal parts. No movement with vibration. There is a left thread on one end and a right thread on the other.  Cardinal Rule! DO NOT ADJUST DURING FLIGHT. It would be a bad day if the tube came disconnected in flight. There are no jamb nuts on them. 520 hours and so far I have had no trouble.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Richard Thomson

Thanks Kevin,

Now thats interesting , my roll trim on the elevators is on the starbord side, it was there when I had it so left it there. Also there is a interfacing part that has stops built in so you cant go too far. I will take some pictures next time I am at the hanger.

So that poses the Question: does it matter which side the trim is fitted ?

Also on your aileron bellcrank is the stub arm sticking up for servo connection ?

Rich T.

On 09/08/2020 14:26, Kevin Boddicker wrote:
[...]

I would leave the roll trim where it is. Wish I had mine like that. Now that it is flying I don’t want to take the time to “fix” it.
Stub arm was there when I got the project. I think it was for a left side stick. all those pieces were installed, but I took them out.

The servo is not a bad idea, however, I will probably never have an AP.

As you might say, Cheers!

Kevin

On Aug 11, 2020, at 3:26 AM, Richard Thomson <richard@...> wrote:

Thanks Kevin,

Now thats interesting , my roll trim on the elevators is on the starbord side, it was there when I had it so left it there. Also there is a interfacing part that has stops built in so you cant go too far. I will take some pictures next time I am at the hanger.

So that poses the Question: does it matter which side the trim is fitted ?

Also on your aileron bellcrank is the stub arm sticking up for servo connection ?

Rich T.

On 09/08/2020 14:26, Kevin Boddicker wrote:
Richard,
You had asked about the reflexor and elevator push pull tubes and adjustment for roll trim.
I will attempt to attach some pics for you.
<DSCN1113.jpeg>

Reflexor installed. The aluminum holds the cookie in the ring, and applies the friction to keep it in place. The bolt at the top is a b-nut that captures the control wire. the control is a veneer cable in the cockpit.
The stainless cable is for the rudder.

<DSCN0810.jpeg>

Elevator control rods. If you look closely, you can see the friction tube that is on the left control rod. Just a piece of clear tube. The ID is tight on the metal parts. No movement with vibration. There is a left thread on one end and a right thread on the other.  Cardinal Rule! DO NOT ADJUST DURING FLIGHT. It would be a bad day if the tube came disconnected in flight. There are no jamb nuts on them. 520 hours and so far I have had no trouble.
Let me know if you have any questions.
<DSCN0817.jpeg>