From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dorothea Keats
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2020 4:14 PM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: [Q-List] weight

I just finished the top skin layup on the wing and am doing the canard top on Wednesday. Does anyone remember their weight for wing and canard Q200 at this stage? Curious as to where I stand.

Also, in the plans it says to put the rudder pedals where comfortable.
I am 5 10 1/2. Can someone around my height measure from the inside firewall to the mount point for their rudder pedals and let me know. It will save me a bit of figuring. Thanks Chris

I am thinking my main wing was 38 pounds and my canard was 60 (I have the LS-1 with carbon fiber spar).

I just finished the top skin layup on the wing and am doing the canard top on Wednesday. Does anyone remember their weight for wing and canard Q200 at this stage? Curious as to where I stand.

Also, in the plans it says to put the rudder pedals where comfortable.
I am 5 10 1/2. Can someone around my height measure from the inside firewall to the mount point for their rudder pedals and let me know. It will save me a bit of figuring. Thanks Chris

Richard Thomson

Hi Jay,

slightly off subject but have you done a survey of what Nose tyres people are using ?

Br

Richard.

On 11/08/2020 00:56, Jay Scheevel wrote:
I am thinking my main wing was 38 pounds and my canard was 60 (I have the LS-1 with carbon fiber spar).

I just finished the top skin layup on the wing and am doing the canard top on Wednesday. Does anyone remember their weight for wing and canard Q200 at this stage? Curious as to where I stand.

Also, in the plans it says to put the rudder pedals where comfortable.
I am 5 10 1/2. Can someone around my height measure from the inside firewall to the mount point for their rudder pedals and let me know. It will save me a bit of figuring. Thanks Chris

Chris Walterson

Flipped the wing upright today to install the aileron slots. Any different ideas on mounting the ailerons?

How is the best way to make an aileron to fuselage fairing? I am setting mine up a bit different than plans. I want the ailerons easily removable to service bushings. I also have a hinge point mid aileron,  and am thinking of installing fuselage mounted phenolic along with the inner phenolic.  For the fuselage hinge point I  would like to drill it  out to 1 inch.  Slide the 5/8 tubing mounted in the aileron into the phenolic and then slide a one inch outside diameter bushing with  5/8 inside  into the phenolic and pop rivet it in place.  The inner bellcrank has a washer on it that will push against the inner phenolic to hold the aileron out. Any ideas and critisism is welcome along with pictures.

 Take care-------------  Chris

Sam Hoskins

Just follow the plans.  A mid span hinge would serve what purpose? The ailerons are simple, best to keep them that way. They are a low maintenance item and as far as my experience goes, don't need fixing.

Sam

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 6:50 PM Dorothea Keats <dkeats@...> wrote:
  Flipped the wing upright today to install the aileron slots. Any
different ideas on mounting the ailerons?

How is the best way to make an aileron to fuselage fairing? I am setting
mine up a bit different than plans. I want the ailerons easily removable
to service bushings. I also have a hinge point mid aileron,  and am
thinking of installing fuselage mounted phenolic along with the inner
phenolic.  For the fuselage hinge point I  would like to drill it  out
to 1 inch.  Slide the 5/8 tubing mounted in the aileron into the
phenolic and then slide a one inch outside diameter bushing with  5/8
inside  into the phenolic and pop rivet it in place.  The inner
bellcrank has a washer on it that will push against the inner phenolic
to hold the aileron out. Any ideas and critisism is welcome along with
pictures.

  Take care-------------  Chris

Corbin

I’ve learned a ton from this group.  One consistent theme sticks out all the time from those with great experience:  keep it simple and don’t fix what’s not broken.

Corbin

On Aug 13, 2020, at 8:23 PM, Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:

[...]

N33QR

Jay Scheevel

I agree with the group on this, Chris. Build aileron assembly per plans, or close to it. No need to alter a good design. It will save you time and hassle in the long run.