aileron attachment

Paul Fisher

Sounds to me like you are trying to fix something that isn't broken.  The plans mounting of the ailerons works fine.

I have to take the tailcone off to remove the ailerons, but I have to do that at annual anyway to inspect my battery, wiring, etc.  I just pull the ailerons off at the same time to re-grease (actually antiseize) the aileron pivots.

Just my $0.02.

Paul Fisher
Q-200 N17PF

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020, 18:50 Dorothea Keats <dkeats@...> wrote:
  Flipped the wing upright today to install the aileron slots. Any
different ideas on mounting the ailerons?

How is the best way to make an aileron to fuselage fairing? I am setting
mine up a bit different than plans. I want the ailerons easily removable
to service bushings. I also have a hinge point mid aileron,  and am
thinking of installing fuselage mounted phenolic along with the inner
phenolic.  For the fuselage hinge point I  would like to drill it  out
to 1 inch.  Slide the 5/8 tubing mounted in the aileron into the
phenolic and then slide a one inch outside diameter bushing with  5/8
inside  into the phenolic and pop rivet it in place.  The inner
bellcrank has a washer on it that will push against the inner phenolic
to hold the aileron out. Any ideas and critisism is welcome along with
pictures.

  Take care-------------  Chris

Robert Cringely

Simplicate and add lightness.