Mike Dwyer's Q-Tour has been uploaded to YouTube #Q-Tour

Sam Hoskins

Take a look!  This time I combined the tour with the Q&A session. The Q&A starts at the 30 minute mark.

Thanks Mike. Nice job, it was very interesting.

https://youtu.be/LO0ffkiKeLM

Jim Patillo

Nice presentation Mike.  Very interesting. I would love to take my Q to the Bahamas. If I lived in Florida I would have been already been there.  My wife is from Bermuda but that’s a little far at 600 miles from NYC.

BTW I rarely use carb heat on landing even tho I know 0200’s have a propensity and long history of icing with high power pulled back fast. I’ve tested it several times under different conditions and no ice seems to accumulate.

For the record, I’ve been to 19,500’ over the Central Valley with my Q. At that altitude “Baby” was hanging on the prop. Was kind of fun however,  looking at a SW 737 off my wing. I bet the folks looking out the starboard side of those windows got a hell of a surprise and probably thought it was a pterodactyl or a UFO. 🙂

Jim
N46JP Q200

Jay Scheevel

Hi Jim,

Sounds like I will have to see how high mine will go. Just gotta know that now that I find yours will go to 19,500. I still have some O2 in the bottle from my last trip, so sounds like a fun afternoon. I will probably have to stop at 18,000 since I have the feds looking over my shoulder now with the ADSB, plus I do not have an IFR ticket. If it gets that high I will be surprised.

Nice presentation Mike.  Very interesting. I would love to take my Q to the Bahamas. If I lived in Florida I would have been already been there.  My wife is from Bermuda but that’s a little far at 600 miles from NYC.

BTW I rarely use carb heat on landing even tho I know 0200’s have a propensity and long history of icing with high power pulled back fast. I’ve tested it several times under different conditions and no ice seems to accumulate.

For the record, I’ve been to 19,500’ over the Central Valley with my Q. At that altitude “Baby” was hanging on the prop. Was kind of fun however,  looking at a SW 737 off my wing. I bet the folks looking out the starboard side of those windows got a hell of a surprise and probably thought it was a pterodactyl or a UFO. 🙂

Jim
N46JP Q200

Mike Dwyer

That was fun Sam,
Thanks for coming up with this Zoom meeting idea!
FYI, I posted the first part of the meeting (that didn't work so well) at this link on youtube.
Mike Dwyer

Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF

On Sun, Oct 11, 2020 at 3:07 PM Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:
Take a look!  This time I combined the tour with the Q&A session. The Q&A starts at the 30 minute mark.

Thanks Mike. Nice job, it was very interesting.

https://youtu.be/LO0ffkiKeLM

Jim Patillo

Hey Jay. It shouldn't take you long to get to your service ceiling. Aren't you half way there with your airport elevation? 🙃

When I did it several years ago, I filed for 20,000' with "NorCal" and let them know I wanted that altitude to establish the ceiling for my experimental plane. They were very cooperative and ask several questions about the Quickie.

Jim

N46JP Q200

From: Mike Dwyer <q200pilot@...>
Date: 10/12/20 6:28 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: main@q-list.groups.io

[...]

Kevin Boddicker

Mike,
That’s what I like, a good workaround!!!
Bravo!

Kevin