progress

Chris Walterson

Just finished cleaning the shop. I finally have the wing removed from the table and hanging from the ceiling, Have the fuselage removed from the build table and doing a bit of filling on the fuselage to tail connection.

The canard has been removed from the build table and because I had jigging blocks attached to the bottom, I put the canard on the floor, leveled it and installed the addition 1 degree of incidence and then bondoed the blocks to the floor.  I've done this before and find it easier to move the fuselage to the canard than to lift the canard to the fuselage. Hope to install the airfoils permanentley soon.

 I also finished the landing gear I had made. It is the steel spring gear. Made the wheel pants and fairings and layed on the first coat of primmer.   The assemble in the middle is the complete unit and the other pieces are what goes into building it.  The brakes I am using are from Sonnex. Nice units.  The complete weight with fairings, brakes, gear and wheels is 20 lbs per side.  I  am confident I am going to be much heavier than most Q's with my Subaru installed , so although the gear may be a bit heavy , it will be very robust.

Still having fun---------------  Chris

Nice! Way to go Chris! Making lots of progress!
Bruce Crain
On Dec 6, 2020, at 3:08 PM, Dorothea Keats <dkeats@tbaytel.net> wrote:

[...]

<P1040988.JPG>
<P1040979.JPG>
<P1040985.JPG>

The Zappos Visionary Was 'in Trouble' When He Died
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5fcd6d9cdcc26d9a169est02vuc1
Giuliani Has Tested Positive for COVID-19, Trump Says
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5fcd6d9c319076d9a169est02vuc2
Anti-Lockdown Bar Owner Hit Deputy With His Car: Cops
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5fcd6d9c54dbf6d9a169est02vuc3

Michael

On Sun, Dec 6, 2020 at 03:08 PM, Dorothea Keats wrote:
...because I had
jigging blocks attached to the bottom, I put the canard on the floor,
leveled it and installed the addition 1 degree of incidence and then
bondoed the blocks to the floor.  I've done this before and find it
easier to move the fuselage to the canard than to lift the canard to the
fuselage...

This is a fantastically insightful builder tip; especially considering that the fuselage isn't the part that needs to be perfectly level/square. Thanks for sharing!!
--
-MD
#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)