Dave Smith's Q-Tour is uploaded to YouTube

Sam Hoskins

Here is Dave's tour of his very plans built Revmaster powered Q-2. First flight was in 1984.

Dave, thanks for sharing with us.

https://youtu.be/MHrDOafL2j0

Sam

Anthony P

Very informative and fun presentation. (as they all are)

Thanks to all who made this happen.

Rick Hole

Thanks Dave.  I enjoyed your presentation
Rick Hole

On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 12:02 PM Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:
Here is Dave's tour of his very plans built Revmaster powered Q-2. First flight was in 1984.

Dave, thanks for sharing with us.

https://youtu.be/MHrDOafL2j0

Sam

Jim Patillo

Hi Dave,

I watched your video this afternoon. Sorry I couldn’t make the Zoom meeting yesterday.

I’ve never run into you anywhere which is kind of strange, since you’re only 30 miles from Livermore. I started my kit in December 1981 in Fremont and finished it in Livermore. I’ve been flying my Q200 out of there since 2000. You must have gotten your kit thru Gordon Pratt and his dad, like I did.

I’m surprised you’ve flown it all these years with a GU canard with one sparrow strainer and no VG’s.
You must have had some butt puckering moments.
I've seen up close how a Quickie with GU canard and no vg’s react in rain. It’s down hill.

Thanks for sharing. Hope to see you some time.

Jim Patillo
N46JP Q200

Bruce Crain

Dave Smith I really enjoyed watching and listening to your video!  Fantastic, low weight, beautiful Quickie!  In a shameless plug we could use more great stories and aircraft at Field Of Dreams next September!  Great bunch of folks and airplanes.  Bring Jim Patillo and Phil Langford with you and Any Dragonfly and Q that you can coax!

Nice to put the plane and the face together!  Thank you soo much!
Bruce Crain

On Feb 15, 2021, at 8:44 PM, Jim Patillo <logistics_engineering@...> wrote:

Hi Dave,

I watched your video this afternoon. Sorry I couldn’t make the Zoom meeting yesterday.

I’ve never run into you anywhere which is kind of strange, since you’re only 30 miles from Livermore. I started my kit in December 1981 in Fremont and finished it in Livermore. I’ve been flying my Q200 out of there since 2000. You must have gotten your kit thru Gordon Pratt and his dad, like I did.

I’m surprised you’ve flown it all these years with a GU canard with one sparrow strainer and no VG’s.
You must have had some butt puckering moments.
I've seen up close how a Quickie with GU canard and no vg’s react in rain. It’s down hill.

Thanks for sharing. Hope to see you some time.

Jim Patillo
N46JP Q200

Dave Dugas

Dave Smith
Very nice Q Tour of your plane. I was very interested in your construction, especially the engine installation and baffling. Beautiful job.
Thank you.... Dave Dugas

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 6:01 PM, Bruce Crain
<jcrain2@...> wrote:
[...]

Jerry Marstall <jnmarstall@...>

Is it true? Does one's name have to be Dave to fly a pure Q2?