panel

Chris Walterson

I went to install an Icom 210 com in the Q2. I had assumed it would fit, but it is 11 1/2 inches long, and between the panel and the header tank

there is only 10 1/2 inches. I could modify the heck out of the panel, but I also  have a Becker that will fit. Something to watch for when I am

looking for a transponder.   Still poking along.  Take care-------------  Chris

Nick Wright

Chris,

     Please post pictures big your panel when you make the final decisions. I'm almost at that point.

Nick Wright
N350JD

On Tue, Mar 2, 2021, 5:31 PM Dorothea Keats <dkeats@...> wrote:
   I went to install an Icom 210 com in the Q2. I had assumed it would
fit, but it is 11 1/2 inches long, and between the panel and the header tank

there is only 10 1/2 inches. I could modify the heck out of the panel,
but I also  have a Becker that will fit. Something to watch for when I am

looking for a transponder.   Still poking along.  Take
care-------------  Chris

Sweet!  You guys are getting close!   95% done 69% left to go?
Bruce

On Mar 2, 2021, at 5:10 PM, Nick Wright <nwright27@...> wrote:

Chris,

     Please post pictures big your panel when you make the final decisions. I'm almost at that point.

Nick Wright
N350JD

On Tue, Mar 2, 2021, 5:31 PM Dorothea Keats <dkeats@...> wrote:
   I went to install an Icom 210 com in the Q2. I had assumed it would
fit, but it is 11 1/2 inches long, and between the panel and the header tank

there is only 10 1/2 inches. I could modify the heck out of the panel,
but I also  have a Becker that will fit. Something to watch for when I am

looking for a transponder.   Still poking along.  Take
care-------------  Chris

Mike Steinsland

Is it too late to move the whole panel further in to the cockpit....make it removable at the same time?

On Tue, Mar 2, 2021, 5:31 PM Dorothea Keats, <dkeats@...> wrote:
   I went to install an Icom 210 com in the Q2. I had assumed it would
fit, but it is 11 1/2 inches long, and between the panel and the header tank

there is only 10 1/2 inches. I could modify the heck out of the panel,
but I also  have a Becker that will fit. Something to watch for when I am

looking for a transponder.   Still poking along.  Take
care-------------  Chris

Chris Walterson

Mike----------  From my basic investigating it seems that Icom is about the  longest com around. It will be used in the Seahawker, so there is no waste.  The Garmin transponder will also fit [ I think].  If a person was stuck, you could make a little standout to incorporate the longer instruments. Even an angled stand out facing the pilot would work well.   take care-----------  Chris

Richard Kaczmarek 3RD

We sell and use the TQ com and transponder with ADSB out when space is an issue. The are very reasonably priced and small, just 8" with the connector installed.

Richard

Sweet!  You guys are getting close!   95% done 69% left to go?
Bruce

On Mar 2, 2021, at 5:10 PM, Nick Wright <nwright27@...> wrote:

Chris,

     Please post pictures big your panel when you make the final decisions. I'm almost at that point.

Nick Wright
N350JD

On Tue, Mar 2, 2021, 5:31 PM Dorothea Keats <dkeats@...> wrote:
   I went to install an Icom 210 com in the Q2. I had assumed it would
fit, but it is 11 1/2 inches long, and between the panel and the header tank

there is only 10 1/2 inches. I could modify the heck out of the panel,
but I also  have a Becker that will fit. Something to watch for when I am

looking for a transponder.   Still poking along.  Take
care-------------  Chris

Nick Wright

What's the pricing on those Richard?

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021, 6:41 PM Richard Kaczmarek 3RD <fastlittleairplanes@...> wrote:
[...]

The standard Comm runs $995 and the Transponder with ADSB out runs $2499 with prebuilt wire harness. The Comm's do have a 2 place intercom system as standard equipment.

Richard

[...]

Pete Stein <pete.stein.ina@...>

2012-10-07_05.42.101.jpg

THough this might help....this is how mine is mounted!

On Tue, Mar 2, 2021, 16:31 Dorothea Keats <dkeats@...> wrote:
   I went to install an Icom 210 com in the Q2. I had assumed it would
fit, but it is 11 1/2 inches long, and between the panel and the header tank

there is only 10 1/2 inches. I could modify the heck out of the panel,
but I also  have a Becker that will fit. Something to watch for when I am

looking for a transponder.   Still poking along.  Take
care-------------  Chris

Mike Steinsland

Hi Pete,
Are you running your rudder cables on either side of the fuselage?
The rudder pedals are my next step and I'm not sure how I'm going to run them ( 1 on the right side or down the center console.)
I'm trying to do everything under the panel in an order that I put the hardest to route things in first and in a way that they don't interfere with a future install of another part.

Anybody else want to chime in?
A picture is worth a thousand words for me ...feel free to send some along, particularly how you routed the cables

Thanks guys....finding this forum has been a big blessing and encouragement!

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 9:41 PM Pete Stein <pete.stein.ina@...> wrote:
2012-10-07_05.42.101.jpg

THough this might help....this is how mine is mounted!

On Tue, Mar 2, 2021, 16:31 Dorothea Keats <dkeats@...> wrote:
   I went to install an Icom 210 com in the Q2. I had assumed it would
fit, but it is 11 1/2 inches long, and between the panel and the header tank

there is only 10 1/2 inches. I could modify the heck out of the panel,
but I also  have a Becker that will fit. Something to watch for when I am

looking for a transponder.   Still poking along.  Take
care-------------  Chris

Mike Steinsland

Jay Scheevel

Most people setting up for single pilot have run them on the pilot’s outboard side and the other down the center console. That is what I did. Also, many use a bellcrank in the tail section, either up near the split (tri-Q’s) or near the vertical fin in order to split off the tailwheel cable from the rudder cable (see Jim-Bob six pack). Lots of options, but those seem to encompass the majority.

[...]

ryan goodman

I have some radios and transponders sitting on the shelf. Older but they work.

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 9:00 AM, Jay Scheevel
<jay@...> wrote:

[...]

Mike Dwyer

I never put rudder pedals on the passenger side and I don't regret it.  When I'm on a trip with the wife I put the heaviest bag in front of her feet thus allowing me to carry more baggage.  Also, I don't have to worry about a passenger restricting or stomping on a rudder pedal at the wrong time.

On your panel.   Forward hinged canopy.  How do you release the canopy if you want to bail out.  Or if your upside down in a corn field?

The Fuel site gauge doesn't go all the way to the top of the panel so you'll only see the header tank fuel level when it's about 1/2 full.

Those card compasses.  I really dislike them.  They bounce all over.  I've even seen mine rotate in a full circle from vibration.  I got rid of it like 20 years ago.  Maybe it's just there to meet the FAR requirement of having a compass?

Tell me your not running a vacuum pump and vacuum gauges... Those things are terribly unreliable and of course will fail when you need them the most!  Get something like a Dynon Avionics D10A.  One instrument will replace your compass, and 6 round gauges and eliminate your vacuum pump.  My Dynon D10 has been in the plane 20 years and it's basically flawless.

That intercom? Looks to be where the passengers left leg goes.  I assume your not going to carry passengers cause that thing in a crash should cut the passengers left leg pretty bad.

Fly Safe,
Mike Dwyer

Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 8:12 AM Mike Steinsland <MIKESKUSTOMS@...> wrote:
[...]

William Miller

What are you asking for one of the radio's?

<jay@...> wrote:

[...]

Give me a call and we can see if I have something sitting around that will work for for. I'll send you a message with my number.