For sale #Tri-Q

Jon Swenson

With heavy heart I'm selling my project #Tri-Q N12XD;  It is a hard decision to sell my project, not so much for the loss of the object but for the loss of  all the connections it represents. After giving it, what I feel, was  a fair attempt I have to admit this is not the right airplane for me at this time in my life.  On my second, "First Flight" attempt I came up short as a pilot and damaged my Corvair powered TriQ.  On takeoff I wasn't able to maintain flight and bounced on the runway and broke the front landing gear off.  The bottom of the cowl is gone and the Warp Drove propeller was ground down to a nub.  There is no other apparent damage but It will be up to the next owner to determine the integrity of the structure. I plan to sell the fuselage and engine separately.  It will be up to the new owner to get it re-certified as a "Parts Built" project.  I have all the documentation and it will go with the project.  Please contact me through the list.
It has been 18 good years of building and I cherish the time I spent on this  and growing as a person.  I especially value the great friends I have made during the process and I hope that you all know how much I appreciate your efforts to make my journey a success. Without your help and support the end of this tale may have been very different.  What the Q group members do is invaluable.  Thank you all.
 I have reflected long and hard about this and choose to see my stepping away from this project as a success on more levels than it was a failure.  I did fly at least as far as the Wright brothers and I came away without physical harm (just my pride took a hit) One of the biggest lessons I will offer to anyone beginning the same journey is to listen to the guys who have done it and follow their advise.  Their knowledge is based on experience and is invaluable.

Heartily,

Jon Swenson

One Sky Dog

Jon,

Sorry to hear of your locg event. Glad to hear you are physically unharmed.

Regards,

Charlie aka One Sky Dog

On Monday, May 24, 2021, 6:06 AM, Jon Swenson <swensgoldflyer@...> wrote:

[...]

Jay Scheevel

Sorry to hear about the fate of your plane, Jon. So glad you were not hurt. The decision you made is a hard one, but the right one for you because you have thought it through. No shame in that. Keep in touch and I can say from experience, no one in this group is any less friendly if you fly your spam can into the fly-ins. Did it for years and everyone was great. Best to you and your family.

[...]

Dave Dugas

Sorry to hear the news about your Q, but after reading your thoughtful letter, you echoed my thoughts about our group of QAC enthusiasts. Glad that there were no injuries….Dave Dugas

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

[...]

Jim Patillo

Jon, It is sad to hear about your airplane. I know, like the rest of us, you spent many an hour building and dreaming. It's got to be real hard to have all that stopped mid-sentence. I'm glad to hear you are OK.

God bless you and your family.

Jim
N46JP Q200

[...]

This is not an easy decision but I believe it to be the right one.  Here are some photos before the first flight.  I'm happy to accept an offer.FYI the airplane is in Owatonna, MN. KOWA
.

Mike Dwyer

Grey/silver!  That's just not right.  Please, no one paint a foam cored airplane this color!
Fly Safe,
Mike Dwyer

Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF

On Mon, May 24, 2021 at 4:01 PM Jon Swenson <swensgoldflyer@...> wrote:
This is not an easy decision but I believe it to be the right one.  Here are some photos before the first flight.  I'm happy to accept an offer.FYI the airplane is in Owatonna, MN. KOWA
.

Corbin

On Mon, May 24, 2021 at 08:06 AM, Jon Swenson wrote:
I did fly at least as far as the Wright brothers
Jon, I respect you for your decision.  It is not an easy choice to make but it is an incredibly important one.  As far as the quote I took from your email, I really like it in the positive way it waseryv phrased following your statement of stepping away from the project being seen as a success.  I mean, not many people on this rock can say, "I did fly at least as far as the Wright brothers..." so that alone is success on top off all the knowledge you also walk away with.

--

Corbin
N121CG

Jon Finley

Sorry to hear about that Jon.  Not sure if it helps at all but I'll note that those connections - at least the people connections - don't have to be lost.  I haven't had a Q in a decade but many of the Q-folk, some of which I've known for thirty-plus years, remain VERY important to me (even though I'm a terrible communicator and horrible at staying in touch :-(). That said, I do occasionally see them pointing and laughing at my odd looking airplane. My point is - stay in touch - friendships don't have to end with the sale of an airplane.

Jon Finley
Somewhere in the Southwest flying an RV-4