O-235 on Q2

ryan goodman

Anyone tried an O-235 on a Q2? I know it may be a bit heavy. Only asking because I have two hopped up ones sitting in my hangar and it sparked my curiosity

Cross posted to Facebook group.

Ryan

Chris Walterson

Years ago a fellow from Calgary Canada installed a 235 in his Q2.  He is in the old newsletters somewhere.

 I think his last name was  Kimbell McAndrew or something like that.  Some of the life long members may be able to

add more info.   Take care------------   Chris

Yep. That would be correct. Kimball McAndrew.
On Jun 5, 2021, at 5:20 PM, Chris Walterson <dkeats@tbaytel.net> wrote:

 Years ago a fellow from Calgary Canada installed a 235 in his Q2. He is in the old newsletters somewhere.

I think his last name was Kimbell McAndrew or something like that. Some of the life long members may be able to

add more info. Take care------------ Chris

Government Flips on Seizure of Reporters' Phone Records
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/60bc37d6cd38f37d6453fst01duc1
A Cryptocurrency CEO Died at 30, Then Things Got Weirder
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/60bc37d6f251337d6453fst01duc2
Plane Drops Off Passenger Screaming 'Stop the Plane'
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/60bc37d723a1f37d6453fst01duc3

quickieq2uk

There has been a Q235 in the U.K. for quite a few years, built by a guy called Clive Clapham. It hasn’t flown for many years as far as I know. The registration is G-BXOY if you want to Google it.

Simon

On 6 Jun 2021, at 03:50, Bruce Crain <jcrain2@juno.com> wrote:

Yep. That would be correct. Kimball McAndrew.
On Jun 5, 2021, at 5:20 PM, Chris Walterson <dkeats@tbaytel.net> wrote:

 Years ago a fellow from Calgary Canada installed a 235 in his Q2. He is in the old newsletters somewhere.

I think his last name was Kimbell McAndrew or something like that. Some of the life long members may be able to

add more info. Take care------------ Chris

Government Flips on Seizure of Reporters' Phone Records
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/60bc37d6cd38f37d6453fst01duc1
A Cryptocurrency CEO Died at 30, Then Things Got Weirder
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/60bc37d6f251337d6453fst01duc2
Plane Drops Off Passenger Screaming 'Stop the Plane'
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/60bc37d723a1f37d6453fst01duc3

Jerry Marstall

Kimb u ll

Yep. That would be correct. Kimball McAndrew.
On Jun 5, 2021, at 5:20 PM, Chris Walterson <dkeats@tbaytel.net> wrote:

 Years ago a fellow from Calgary Canada installed a 235 in his Q2. He is in the old newsletters somewhere.

I think his last name was Kimbell McAndrew or something like that. Some of the life long members may be able to

add more info. Take care------------ Chris

Government Flips on Seizure of Reporters' Phone Records
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/60bc37d6cd38f37d6453fst01duc1
A Cryptocurrency CEO Died at 30, Then Things Got Weirder
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/60bc37d6f251337d6453fst01duc2
Plane Drops Off Passenger Screaming 'Stop the Plane'
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/60bc37d723a1f37d6453fst01duc3

Gary McKirdy

Yes, flown 2 o235 Qs, both in europe. both LS1 canard. It is perfectly doable but suggest you hang engine as far back as possible.

Gary

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 at 03:24, ryan goodman via groups.io <elboy0712=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Anyone tried an O-235 on a Q2? I know it may be a bit heavy. Only asking because I have two hopped up ones sitting in my hangar and it sparked my curiosity

Cross posted to Facebook group.

Ryan

Jim Patillo

Gary, was the O-235 any faster than a pumped up 0200?

Just curious,
Jim
N46JP Q200

Sent from Outer Space

Yes, flown 2 o235 Qs, both in europe. both LS1 canard. It is perfectly doable but suggest you hang engine as far back as possible.

Gary

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 at 03:24, ryan goodman via groups.io <elboy0712=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Anyone tried an O-235 on a Q2? I know it may be a bit heavy. Only asking because I have two hopped up ones sitting in my hangar and it sparked my curiosity

Cross posted to Facebook group.

Ryan

Bruce Crain

I believe Sammy Hoskins and Bob Malecek were faster both with 0200’s both “pumped”
Bruce

On Jun 6, 2021, at 2:20 PM, Jim Patillo <logistics_engineering@...> wrote:

Gary, was the O-235 any faster than a pumped up 0200?

Just curious,
Jim
N46JP Q200

Sent from Outer Space

Yes, flown 2 o235 Qs, both in europe. both LS1 canard. It is perfectly doable but suggest you hang engine as far back as possible.

Gary

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 at 03:24, ryan goodman via groups.io <elboy0712=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Anyone tried an O-235 on a Q2? I know it may be a bit heavy. Only asking because I have two hopped up ones sitting in my hangar and it sparked my curiosity

Cross posted to Facebook group.

Ryan

Robert Cringely

There was a guy in Albuquerque in the 1990s who was putting an O-235 in his Dragonfly. I know because I bought the 2180 VW he removed to do it. An O-235 is wider than an O-200. I don't think it would fit very well.

Bob

On Sun, Jun 6, 2021 at 6:06 PM Bruce Crain <jcrain2@...> wrote:
[...]

Jay Scheevel

I seem to remember one 235 installation had a swing away mount. Or maybe I am imagining that.