35 years

Sam Hoskins

I just happened to notice that today marks the 35th anniversary of the first flight in my Q-200. Wow.  I had a lot of friends that didn't think it would ever fly - they didn't realize how stubborn I am. I think I have around 2,075 hours on it.

Here's a little video.  https://youtu.be/5V5nNsYn_9A

And here's a 29 minute vid of that first flight.  https://youtu.be/Pl8urS6i75c

Quite an adventure.

Sam

Jerry Marstall

Congratulations!!  What a milestone.
I first flew in 1997 and have only 948hrs.  I dont think I'll catch either one of your markers.  Not only did it fly; it's the fastest.

On Wed, Jun 9, 2021, 11:55 AM Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:
I just happened to notice that today marks the 35th anniversary of the first flight in my Q-200. Wow.  I had a lot of friends that didn't think it would ever fly - they didn't realize how stubborn I am. I think I have around 2,075 hours on it.

Here's a little video.  https://youtu.be/5V5nNsYn_9A

And here's a 29 minute vid of that first flight.  https://youtu.be/Pl8urS6i75c

Quite an adventure.

Sam

Corbin

Congrats Sam!  That’s quite the accomplishment.

Corbin

--

Corbin
N121CG

Sam,
Congratulations from the new guy owning 200 QK.
Hopefully you can celebrate by getting a flight in today!

Mike.  N200QK

On Jun 9, 2021, at 9:06 AM, Corbin via groups.io <c_geiser@...> wrote:

[...]

Paul Fisher

Congratulations Sam!  You win for high time.  I've only got about 1,700 hours on mine - but it's still got the original wings!!

Paul

On Wed, Jun 9, 2021, 08:55 Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:
I just happened to notice that today marks the 35th anniversary of the first flight in my Q-200. Wow.  I had a lot of friends that didn't think it would ever fly - they didn't realize how stubborn I am. I think I have around 2,075 hours on it.

Here's a little video.  https://youtu.be/5V5nNsYn_9A

And here's a 29 minute vid of that first flight.  https://youtu.be/Pl8urS6i75c

Quite an adventure.

Sam

Jay Scheevel

Congrats Sam! You were flying, I was building!

On Jun 9, 2021, at 11:09 AM, Paul Fisher <rv7a.n18pf@...> wrote:

Congratulations Sam!  You win for high time.  I've only got about 1,700 hours on mine - but it's still got the original wings!!

Paul

On Wed, Jun 9, 2021, 08:55 Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:
I just happened to notice that today marks the 35th anniversary of the first flight in my Q-200. Wow.  I had a lot of friends that didn't think it would ever fly - they didn't realize how stubborn I am. I think I have around 2,075 hours on it.

Here's a little video.  https://youtu.be/5V5nNsYn_9A

And here's a 29 minute vid of that first flight.  https://youtu.be/Pl8urS6i75c

Quite an adventure.

Sam

Jay Scheevel

Jerry, Let us know when you reach 1000 hours!  That is a milestone and gets you reserved parking at OSH!

I first flew in 1997 and have only 948hrs.  I dont think I'll catch either one of your markers.  Not only did it fly; it's the fastest.

On Wed, Jun 9, 2021, 11:55 AM Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:

I just happened to notice that today marks the 35th anniversary of the first flight in my Q-200. Wow.  I had a lot of friends that didn't think it would ever fly - they didn't realize how stubborn I am. I think I have around 2,075 hours on it.

Here's a little video.  https://youtu.be/5V5nNsYn_9A

And here's a 29 minute vid of that first flight.  https://youtu.be/Pl8urS6i75c

Quite an adventure.

Sam

Richard Thomson

Well done Sam, that is a real accomplishment. Especially as that is first flight and not just building time.

Thanks for all the help and info you have given over the years, it has been appreciated.

Rich T.

On 09/06/2021 16:54, Sam Hoskins wrote:
I just happened to notice that today marks the 35th anniversary of the first flight in my Q-200. Wow.  I had a lot of friends that didn't think it would ever fly - they didn't realize how stubborn I am. I think I have around 2,075 hours on it.

Here's a little video.  https://youtu.be/5V5nNsYn_9A

And here's a 29 minute vid of that first flight.  https://youtu.be/Pl8urS6i75c

Quite an adventure.

Sam

Mike Dwyer

That's great Sam!
You made me look up my first flight 8-4-1985.  Amazing that there still really isn't anything as efficient as our little Q-Birds to this day!
Fly Safe
Mike Dwyer Q200 N3QP

Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF

On Wed, Jun 9, 2021 at 11:55 AM Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:
I just happened to notice that today marks the 35th anniversary of the first flight in my Q-200. Wow.  I had a lot of friends that didn't think it would ever fly - they didn't realize how stubborn I am. I think I have around 2,075 hours on it.

Here's a little video.  https://youtu.be/5V5nNsYn_9A

And here's a 29 minute vid of that first flight.  https://youtu.be/Pl8urS6i75c

Quite an adventure.

Sam

millenniumflier@...

Sam, WOW, congratulations! Terrific milestone indeed, and inspirational! Loved the videos, thanks for sharing your experiences and know-how all these 35 years!

Alan

I just happened to notice that today marks the 35th anniversary of the first flight in my Q-200. Wow.  I had a lot of friends that didn't think it would ever fly - they didn't realize how stubborn I am. I think I have around 2,075 hours on it.

Here's a little video.  https://youtu.be/5V5nNsYn_9A

And here's a 29 minute vid of that first flight.  https://youtu.be/Pl8urS6i75c

Quite an adventure.

Sam

Bruce Crain

Congrats Sammy!!  You certainly took the Q200 past what Quickie Aircraft expected especially with respect to engine up dates ie fuel injection, high compression pistons, electronic ignition just to name a few!
Bruce

On Jun 9, 2021, at 12:43 PM, Jay Scheevel <jay@...> wrote:

Jerry, Let us know when you reach 1000 hours!  That is a milestone and gets you reserved parking at OSH!

I first flew in 1997 and have only 948hrs.  I dont think I'll catch either one of your markers.  Not only did it fly; it's the fastest.

On Wed, Jun 9, 2021, 11:55 AM Sam Hoskins <sam.hoskins@...> wrote:

I just happened to notice that today marks the 35th anniversary of the first flight in my Q-200. Wow.  I had a lot of friends that didn't think it would ever fly - they didn't realize how stubborn I am. I think I have around 2,075 hours on it.

Here's a little video.  https://youtu.be/5V5nNsYn_9A

And here's a 29 minute vid of that first flight.  https://youtu.be/Pl8urS6i75c

Quite an adventure.

Sam

Jim Patillo

Sam,
What a great tribute and you deserve it. We all have learned a lot from you. You keep the flame burning 🔥 my friend.

All the best
Jim
N46JP ~ Q200
1785 hours as of today’s landing.
Still lovin’ it!

Sent from Outer Space

Sam, WOW, congratulations! Terrific milestone indeed, and inspirational! Loved the videos, thanks for sharing your experiences and know-how all these 35 years!

Alan

I just happened to notice that today marks the 35th anniversary of the first flight in my Q-200. Wow.  I had a lot of friends that didn't think it would ever fly - they didn't realize how stubborn I am. I think I have around 2,075 hours on it.

Here's a little video.  https://youtu.be/5V5nNsYn_9A

And here's a 29 minute vid of that first flight.  https://youtu.be/Pl8urS6i75c

Quite an adventure.

Sam

John ten

Congratulations Sam!

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

From: "Sam Hoskins" <sam.hoskins@...>
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2021 08:54:59 -0700

I just happened to notice that today marks the 35th anniversary of the first flight in my Q-200. Wow.  I had a lot of friends that didn't think it would ever fly - they didn't realize how stubborn I am. I think I have around 2,075 hours on it.

Here's a little video.  https://youtu.be/5V5nNsYn_9A

And here's a 29 minute vid of that first flight.  https://youtu.be/Pl8urS6i75c

Quite an adventure.

Sam

Dave Dugas

Congratulations Sam…you’re pushing 40!!  Couple of nice videos too.

Dave D

Sent from Mail for Windows 10