9 photos uploaded #photo-notice

John Nate

Thanks Corbin, but I'm at least a couple of years away from needing seats.  :-(

John Nate

Corbin

Thank you.  I had a local guy who operates independently going around to different airports trying to get more general aviation jobs.  He typically does big jets.  I  can look up his contact info if you are interested in using him.  I just don't have it handy right now.

Corbin

On June 18, 2021 at 11:02 AM, John Nate <jnate00@...> wrote:

Hi Corbin:

Who built your seats?  They look very nice!

John Nate

--

Corbin 
N121CG

John Nate

Hi Corbin:

Who built your seats?  They look very nice!

John Nate

Jay Scheevel

Remember to make the balance point with the elevator perfectly in trail. This is location where it is most prone to flutter, although I have yet to hear of anyone who has actually had an elevator flutter in a Q.

Cheers,

Jay

From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Corbin via groups.io
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2021 8:20 AM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] 9 photos uploaded #photo-notice

Hey Mike,

I have a built-in pocket on the right side that is perfect for a phone or sunglasses.  I could definitely benefit from a larger pocket.  I will look into the RF connectors as there 1-2 that are no longer being used but are still there from a previous setup.  

This is perfect timing to look into the electric servo for the aileron trim!  I think I remember seeing a model or brand posted so I will try and dig that up.  Thanks for that tip.  

This exhaust has always been a 2-1 but crossed over in front of the engine.  I stayed with 2-1 but simplified without crossing over.  That was a long and expensive project so I think I just want to never mess with exhaust again....hopefully I won't have issues.  From what I can tell, only one plug is possibly burning a bit more.  Now that I have the Lightspeed dual ignition and different exhaust setup I will monitor the plugs more closely once flying again.

Yes, there are balancers on the elevators but you gave me a good idea that this is the perfect time to adjust my aileron balancers now that I can easily get to them.  I have a little too much weight on the left one, I believe.
--

Corbin 
N121CG

Corbin

Hey Mike,

I have a built-in pocket on the right side that is perfect for a phone or sunglasses.  I could definitely benefit from a larger pocket.  I will look into the RF connectors as there 1-2 that are no longer being used but are still there from a previous setup.  

This is perfect timing to look into the electric servo for the aileron trim!  I think I remember seeing a model or brand posted so I will try and dig that up.  Thanks for that tip.  

This exhaust has always been a 2-1 but crossed over in front of the engine.  I stayed with 2-1 but simplified without crossing over.  That was a long and expensive project so I think I just want to never mess with exhaust again....hopefully I won't have issues.  From what I can tell, only one plug is possibly burning a bit more.  Now that I have the Lightspeed dual ignition and different exhaust setup I will monitor the plugs more closely once flying again.

Yes, there are balancers on the elevators but you gave me a good idea that this is the perfect time to adjust my aileron balancers now that I can easily get to them.  I have a little too much weight on the left one, I believe.
--

Corbin 
N121CG

Mike Dwyer

Great pictures Corbin.  Very high resolution.  I got a couple of suggestions if you want to think about one day.  With your interior, I sewed in a large pocket on each side.  Real useful for holding stuff you want to access in flight!  With RF connectors, you lose a great deal of the signal with each connector you go through.  I noticed one of yours going into the rear shell where you used a barrel to connect two male BNC's.  Cut off one of the males and put a female on one of the wires and you'll eliminate one connector.  This is especially bad on Transponders due to the 1,000 Megahertz operating frequency.  BNC's drop half your power!  That complicated aileron trim, just put an electric servo at the aileron belcrank and you'd eliminate the pulleys, torque tube with universal joints...  That "W" comm antenna.  I tried one unsuccessfully.  I believe it radiates more to the sides than front/back.  I went to a loop type com antenna and have been happy with that.  2:1 Exhaust.... I considered that but the firing order is 1-3-2-4 or in other terms right side-right side then left side left side.  You really don't want two power pulses in one pipe then no pulses.  Makes for back pressure for cyls 3 and 4.  At least that's what I read.  See if your plugs are burning evenly?  I put a screen on the back of my luggage compartment so now I can just throw bags back there.  I built covers for all the important stuff so luggage can't jam it.  I didn't see, do you have mass balancers on your elevators?  

Great looking plane!
Mike Dwyer

Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF

main@Q-List.groups.io Notification <noreply@...>