Quickie Tri-Q200 aircraft cover?

Jon Matcho

Hello… is there a favored vendor for covers that are made to custom fit a Tri-Q200? Something with a soft inside and a sunbrella fabric outside…

Jon Matcho

Builder / Administrator

Repairing Quickie TriQ-200

Building a Cozy Mark IV

www.canardzone.com

www.quickheads.com

Richard Thomson

What like shiny RipStop nylon outside and furry velour inside to protect the paint ??

Rich T.

On 31/08/2021 16:13, Jon Matcho wrote:

Hello… is there a favored vendor for covers that are made to custom fit a Tri-Q200? Something with a soft inside and a sunbrella fabric outside…

Jon Matcho

Builder / Administrator

Repairing Quickie TriQ-200

Building a Cozy Mark IV

www.canardzone.com

www.quickheads.com

One Sky Dog

Reg Clark used to make them. He made one for my Dragonfly.

Hello… is there a favored vendor for covers that are made to custom fit a Tri-Q200? Something with a soft inside and a sunbrella fabric outside…

Jon Matcho
Builder / Administrator

Repairing Quickie TriQ-200
Building a Cozy Mark IV

Jon Matcho

>>What like shiny RipStop nylon outside and furry velour inside to protect the paint ??

>>Rich T.

Yes, weather and waterproof on outside, and non-abrasive inside.

I found this place. Anyone have experience with them? https://www.aircraftcovers.com/QCK

Jon

Mike Dwyer

The only time I'm parked outside is when I'm traveling.  My main concern is keeping water out of the cabin when it sits on the ramp.  I use a white bed sheet that's been sprayed with ScotchGuard.  I tie the front corners to the sparrow strainers and loop a string between the back corners.  Weight = very low.  Cost = very low.  Space = very little.
Mike Dwyer Q200

Q200 Website: http://goo.gl/V8IrJF

On Tue, Aug 31, 2021 at 11:13 AM Jon Matcho <jonmatcho@...> wrote:

Hello… is there a favored vendor for covers that are made to custom fit a Tri-Q200? Something with a soft inside and a sunbrella fabric outside…

Jon Matcho

Builder / Administrator

Repairing Quickie TriQ-200

Building a Cozy Mark IV

www.canardzone.com

www.quickheads.com

John Hartley

All of my planes, I use a window cover on the inside - keeps the aircraft cool and protected from UV, keeps overly interested folks from seeing pilferable items inside (can't peek around like they could an exterior cover), and most importantly, it is unable to be blown around by the wind or other plane's propwash, like an exterior cover can. The small movements of an exterior cover can cause hazing and little scratches on our pretty canopies due to tiny debris either being in the cover or blown under the cover by wind/propwash. On the Q200, I've never had a water leak problem.
John

Jon Matcho

Thank you all for your responses...

1) Get a hangar.
2) My Q200 may not leak at all (unless it's torrential rain).
3) Covers will eventually leave scratches (I also learned this using microfiber cloths on eyeglasses).

Mike, I like your travel cover!

John, can you share the brand or a link to your interior window cover?

Jon