https://www.canardzone.com/store/product/3-ultimate-quickie-q2q200-information-package/
--
-MD
#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)

David J. Gall

Good question. I have mine but I’m guarding them jealously. What do you need?

#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)

Jay Scheevel

I also have a full set. I can get them scanned 1 to 1 on a full sized scanner if there is a need. Which sheets are you specifically needing?

#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)

Corbin

I believe I have them all scanned at a resolution to print large scale.  Which one(s) are you needing?

Corbin

#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)

--

Corbin
N121CG

Don Short

Corbin not sure I need any, I just wanted to join this group. I built a Q-2 in the late 80's and no longer have it. I wrecked it and sold as is to someone. Flew it for 5 years prior.. I just would love to have another one...

Thank You,
Don Short

#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)

--

Corbin
N121CG

Michael Dunning

That's the thing; I'm not really sure which sheets I need since I've never actually seen them. The firewall and GU canard + wing templates is what started the search. Just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed a folder somewhere.

Thanks very much for the offer guys. I'll attempt to contact Jon Matcho and purchase the info pack+CAD files. I don't want to take other's time away from their projects except as a last resort.
--
-MD
#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)
--
-MD
#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)

Bruce Crain

Hi Don!
Welcome to the group!  It’s a sexy airplane isn’t it!
Bruce Crain

#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)
--
-MD
#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)

David J. Gall

Corbin, if you’d be willing to share your scans it would save me some time. I intend to redraw mine in CAD before I build anything from them….

#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)

--

Corbin
N121CG

David J. Gall

Corbin,

NEVERMIND. I guess I hit “send” too soon; I just found them in a subfolder I didn’t know I had. <shrug>

#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)

--

Corbin
N121CG

Corbin

Glad you found them!

Corbin

#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)

--

Corbin
N121CG

--

Corbin
N121CG

Hot Wings

David:
Before you spend the time converting to CAD give me a few days to see how my old 2D TurboCad files convert to some universal format.  I've already kind of promised to do so for another new Q-2 builder so It shouldn't be any extra work for me.
I don't have all of the sheets, but I do have all of the airfoil templates/jigs and, IIRC some extras for profile finishing and alignment during fitting to the fuselage.

Once I get my paperwork finished for the tax accountant I may even have some time to put them into SolidWorks for some pretty pictures.

Hot Wings

Bad news.  My old TurboCad can still make nice paper prints but *.DXF, *.IGS, *.DWG just don't import to Solidworks.  Creating from scratch would be faster than the manipulation required.
Conversion to PDF works.
If any one really wants *. DXF, or *.DWG conversions I'll put it on my 'to do' list.  *.IGS into SW is a no go.

Jay Scheevel

If you do create the DWG or DXF formatted files, it would be nice to have them on the Q-list files section. There are no copyright infringements, since QAC is long gone and left no ownership trail to their materials as far as I know.

Bad news.  My old TurboCad can still make nice paper prints but *.DXF, *.IGS, *.DWG just don't import to Solidworks.  Creating from scratch would be faster than the manipulation required.
Conversion to PDF works.
If any one really wants *. DXF, or *.DWG conversions I'll put it on my 'to do' list.  *.IGS into SW is a no go.

David J. Gall

Are you drawing your airfoil templates from coordinates or just tracing the scanned documents? I’ve encountered so much distortion from scans that I’ve taken to recreating the drawings from raw data.

Before you spend the time converting to CAD give me a few days to see how my old 2D TurboCad files convert to some universal format.  I've already kind of promised to do so for another new Q-2 builder so It shouldn't be any extra work for me.
I don't have all of the sheets, but I do have all of the airfoil templates/jigs and, IIRC some extras for profile finishing and alignment during fitting to the fuselage.

Once I get my paperwork finished for the tax accountant I may even have some time to put them into SolidWorks for some pretty pictures.

David J. Gall

SW sucks at that. Try Rhino or some other software as an intermediary conversion. Or just ditch SW; it can’t do good aerodynamic surfacing anyway.

Bad news.  My old TurboCad can still make nice paper prints but *.DXF, *.IGS, *.DWG just don't import to Solidworks.  Creating from scratch would be faster than the manipulation required.
Conversion to PDF works.
If any one really wants *. DXF, or *.DWG conversions I'll put it on my 'to do' list.  *.IGS into SW is a no go.

Mike Steinsland

If available I would be interested in info for jigging the wings to the fuselage

#2827 (still thinking about planning on visualizing how to finish building)