Documentation prior to giving a ride

Mike Dwyer

Hi All,
I was thinking about all the rides I've given.  I think going forward I'm going to start my voice recorder on the phone and collect this statement from anyone I give a ride to.  I'm not looking for anything legally binding as that is near impossible.  What brought me to this was I gave a boat ride to a friend that turned out to have a bad back and motion sickness!  I should have asked up front!

You acknowledge that your going for a free ride in an experimental airplane.  You ask that if something happens to you, that your family does not sue me or my family.    You have your own valid medical coverage.  You are not prone to motion sickness.  You have no back problems and are physically able to handle the motion.
Do you agree?

Thanks,
Mike Dwyer Q200

Paul Fisher

Seems like a reasonable addition to the preflight passenger briefing we are required to give (FAR 91.519).  As you said, I doubt it would have any legal standing.  But if it makes you feel better, go for it.

Disclaimer - I am not an attorney, nor do I play one on TV.  I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn last night!

Paul

On Tue, Feb 8, 2022, 08:11 Mike Dwyer <q200pilot@...> wrote:
Hi All,
I was thinking about all the rides I've given.  I think going forward I'm going to start my voice recorder on the phone and collect this statement from anyone I give a ride to.  I'm not looking for anything legally binding as that is near impossible.  What brought me to this was I gave a boat ride to a friend that turned out to have a bad back and motion sickness!  I should have asked up front!

You acknowledge that your going for a free ride in an experimental airplane.  You ask that if something happens to you, that your family does not sue me or my family.    You have your own valid medical coverage.  You are not prone to motion sickness.  You have no back problems and are physically able to handle the motion.
Do you agree?

Thanks,
Mike Dwyer Q200

Jerry Marstall

But you do know Kevin Boddicker.  (Admission of such not required).

[...]

"I do not recall Senator."