From: main@Q-List.groups.io <main@Q-List.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Walterson
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2022 4:28 PM
To: main@Q-List.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Q-List] Sparrow Strainer

Here are few pics of what I did. These are strainers from Dragonfly plans. I only have two hrs on the airplane, but it did fly hands off with the available trim I had originally set. Lucky. Take care----------Chris

Chris Walterson

Jay-----------  I found the info you wanted. Easier than putting on the snow shoes. The strainer airfoil is 2 x 10.25 and is upside down. I used

 balsa and sanded to an airfoil shape and glassed.  The side arms are from 1/8 plywood glassed. My airfoil can be adjusted, but I never needed to. The top of the strainer relative to the top of the elevator is 30 degrees.  Enclosing a pic of the strainer while I am checking the elevator travel

Hope this helps.  Take care------------  Chris

Thanks Chris,
Quick turn around! It sounds like you are about in the same ballpark as I am wrt to angle, so my guess is that your sparrow strainer is also stalled. Sometime when you get back to flying in the spring you can put some tufts on there and prove me right or wrong. For the time being, I am working solutions from a number of approaches