Turn radius

Jay Scheevel

Was just looking at the details from my EFIS on yesterday’s flight. Good to know what the max performance figures are. 120 mph IAS, and 60 degree bank angle holding altitude, the plane will turn in a circle @ 3/8” diameter and feels good. The two E-W roads at the left hand side of this map are ½ mile appart.

Anthony P

3/8" diameter is even better than my helicopter in a hover!    :)   ;)

That's an amazingly nice circle.

--
Q2 N86KL

Jay Scheevel

Sorry that 3/8” would be very tight. What I meant was 3/8 mile!

Was just looking at the details from my EFIS on yesterday’s flight. Good to know what the max performance figures are. 120 mph IAS, and 60 degree bank angle holding altitude, the plane will turn in a circle @ 3/8” diameter and feels good. The two E-W roads at the left hand side of this map are ½ mile appart.

Rick Hole

Thanks.  I was not going to be able to sleep trying to figure the G load for 3/8 inch!

Sonia (1953-2020) & Rick